Cleaning sofas and chairs at home – how to clean upholstered furniture?
All the secrets of cleaning of upholstered furniture with their hands — how to clean chairs and sofas at home?
There is no such house in which there is no upholstered furniture, so the problem of stains and clogging tissue known to all. We learned from a professional upholsterer how to clean upholstered furniture at home or to simplify cleaning furniture at home and share useful information with you.
General rules for cleaning sofas and upholstered chairs – how to clean upholstered furniture with his own hands?
- Just vacuum to clean ineffective. it is better to wrap its nozzle with gauze moistened with a solution of salt (1 tablespoon per 1 liter of water). This cleaning will not only clean it better, but also will update the surface color.
- Do not use the cleaner to clean the sofas velour and velvet. because can deteriorate the cloth.
- If you do not have a vacuum cleaner, you can remember the "old" method – cover the furniture with a cloth dampened with water solution of vinegar and salt (2 teaspoons of salt 1 teaspoon of vinegar per liter of water) and knock. And so to repeat as long as the fabric for knocking will not cease to be polluted from the surface being cleaned.
- For cleaning upholstered furniture with a light Zakalennoye you can apply a neutral soap solution. Wipe the furniture soaked in the solution cotton cloth. Don't forget that movement when cleaning the sofa with their hands must run in the same direction.
- If you don't know how to clean a sofa, you can use professional cleaning of seats. This foam is applied on furniture, wait for drying and clean with a vacuum cleaner.
- The new cleaner is better to test on a small inconspicuous area. This will help to avoid unpleasant surprises and to predict the result.
- If you want to use 2 tools to clean. then you need to wait a couple of hours to prevent them from mixing.
Cleaning upholstered furniture with leather, velour, suede, fabric, tapestry upholstery – all the secrets of Housewives
- Furniture of leatherette or leather clean is not difficult, important not to soak. You can use a special tool and wipes for the skin, but you can try popular recipe with the egg white. To do this, wipe the upholstery and spread the skin in beaten egg white. It will make the fabric Shine and hide scuff marks. In addition to egg whites, you can apply homemade milk. If the skin wine stains, you can remove them with an alcohol pad. Stains from pens or markers are removed from the tape or ethyl alcohol.
- Velour furniture it is better to clean with a microfiber cloth soaked with a soap solution or vinegar solution (1 teaspoon on 1 l of water). Try not to press and move in the direction of the NAP to avoid damaging the villi. The velour easily sticks to the dander, which must be removed with a vacuum cleaner or soft brush. Difficult stains should not withdraw yourself, better to use dry cleaning.
- Suede or nubuck surface of upholstered furniture you need to clean special soft brush for suede cleaning dust and grease stains. Stubborn stains of grease, you can remove 10% alcohol solution, salt or eraser. By the way, for suede upholstery sold an additional dirt-repellent impregnation.
- For the gobelin surface of armchairs or sofas is preferable dry vacuuming, otherwise it may change the color or to wear out quickly. If dry cleaning does not remove all the dirt, you can do a wet cleaning with shampoo. While on the surface is not a solution, and foam.
- If the rest of the family underestimate your work weekly and contaminate upholstery, you should think about buying removable covers. They protect furniture from everyday dirt and easy to wash in automatic mode.
What are the secrets to cleaning upholstery, You know? Please leave a comment below!