5 tips on how to clean and wash soft toys – cleaning of soft toys at home
5 ways to clean or wash a soft toy at home
Soft toys are the constant companions of children. And not only children - even many adults have a passion for collecting plush dogs, bears or pink ponies. Everyone is good at these toys - cute, soft, creating coziness. Only here the dust is quickly collected. So mothers call soft toys (especially those huge bears that occupy a good half of the room) - dust collectors.
Do I have to wash them? Of course, yes! Not less than once every 3 months.
And how to do it right, we'll figure it out ...
Dry cleaning of soft Teddy bears and bunnies at home
Method is suitable for smaller toys:
- Take a large plastic bag.
- Put it in the toy.
- Fall asleep to the same classic baking soda or starch (2-3 medium-toy – ½ Cup).
- Tightly tie the package and shake intensely for a few minutes.
- Take out the toy and dry brush off the soda along with the dirt.
Large toys, carefully vacuum . changing the usual wide nozzle on a special, for upholstered furniture. If it is possible to change the suction mode, lower it to avoid accidentally "sucking" eyes, noses and other details.
How to wash soft toys by means of foam?
- We soap up beyond a rag baby soap.
- Squeeze to the maximum, carefully wipe all contaminated sites.
- Take a clean cloth moisten in clean water (no soap), wring out, and clean the toy again.
- Put the toy on the window sill (the dryer) before final drying.
For toys with glued parts (noses, eyes, bows, etc.) and the balls inside:
- In a small bowl collecting water.
- Pour baby shampoo and whisk until a thick high foam.
- We collect the foam on the sponge and proceed to clean toys, trying not to wet completely.
- Wipe with a barely damp cloth.
- Blotted with a towel.
- Dry, spread out a toy in a linen cloth, or put on the battery.
- Neatly combed with a brush plush coat.
If the toy appeared yellow spots (these appear from time to time), then before cleaning, pour on a stain of lemon juice and dries in the sun.
Hand wash soft toys – how to?
Small toys, which dries quickly, succumbs to manual pressing and do not have an abundance of small parts, can be washed by hand in the following way:
- Pour into a basin of warm water.
- We soap up beyond toy baby soap and leave it soaked for 10 minutes.
- If necessary, gostariam with a brush (and if the texture of the toy).
- Opolaskivaniem toys, squeeze, hang to dry, put on the battery or "spread out" on the dryer under the sun.
And remember a few rules for washing toys:
- Toys filled with beads (anti-stress and for the development of fine motor skills), cleaning the only method of wet cleaning. It is not recommended to wash them in the machine: even strong, at first glance, the stitches can go in the washing process. In the end, you can mess up and a toy, and the car.
- In the presence of the batteries (toys), at first gently raspravam the seam and take out the battery. Again it is sewn up (large stitch that fell out the filler), erase in the most appropriate way of drying. Next, put the batteries in place and again sew up.
- Grease stains on the toys before washing treated with a sponge dipped in ordinary rubbing alcohol, or by using dishwashing detergent.
- Toys made of knit and velour (no fittings, bulbs, batteries and plastic parts) it is permissible to machine washing, packaging them in a special grid designed for washing delicate garments. As for the toy is sewn to the bows, hats and other similar items – they will remain in the grid, if it will come off.
- Invalid wash/clean toys chemicals. Only baby or children's shampoo/soap.
- After cleaning / washing, the toy should be thoroughly rinsed / cleaned so that no soap, powder or soda remains on it.
- Not all musical toys you can pull out the "stuffing". There are such variants where the blocks stretch along the entire length, including the legs and the head of the toy. In this case, pull out a block without damaging the product, is simply impossible. Therefore, the method of cleaning only with a dry or damp.
Do not forget to regularly handle all toys with a special bactericidal lamp.
All about machine washing soft toys at home
Rules for washing machine toys:
- Be sure to study the tag on the toy. Not every can be washed in the machine.
- Check the toy for music blocks, batteries, ball-point fillers, dispersed seams. All you can get take out.
- Put the toy in a special grid.
- Wash in the delicate washing.
- Use only baby powder !
- The number of prolonged rinsing at least 1 rinse.
- The water temperature is above 30 degrees. If there is a risk that in the game is already infested with dust mites – 60 degree (after studying the label!).
- Do not squeeze the toy in the car so as not to damage it and save the form. Simply pour water out, and the toy itself "squeeze" with Terry towels.
- Dry the toys in limbo or on the battery if the machine has no such feature. Knitted toys dry in a horizontal position only.
Eliminate soft toys from mites with the help of frost
If your toys are so old that they still remember your prom night, then you can rest assured that dust mites live in them. Do not panic, do not rush to hurl them out the window - the cold will cope with the mites!
- Small toys wash at temperatures above 60 degrees.
- If can not be washed, put into a package and put in the freezer overnight. Or even two – just to be sure.
- Large toy take out to the balcony, carefully vacuum and leave in the cold for a night or two. If winter is far away, put the toy in a closet – play with a toy, infested with dust mites, a child absolutely should not be.
Do not "run" toys. Regular cleaning and washing of toys will save not only their appearance, but, most importantly, your child's health.