Chicken pox in children – how to start and how long is the chickenpox in children
What is chickenpox: chickenpox complications, the first signs of chickenpox in children pictures
Chickenpox in the common people - in medical reference books this disease is called chicken pox. The causative agent of chickenpox is the widespread herpes virus, very tenacious, which, as you know, lives in the cells of every human body. There is an opinion, confirmed by doctors, that it is better to have chicken pox in childhood, because children suffer this illness much easier. Nevertheless, when the chicken pox epidemic occurs in children's institutions - and this, most often, autumn - parents are concerned with the most important questions - how to protect the baby from chickenpox, how to determine the symptoms of chickenpox in children for sure, how to treat chickenpox in a child.
Chicken pox — incubation period in children
It is believed that smallpox is the only viral disease that remains the most frequent infectious disease contingent childhood to the present day. Experts say that chicken pox can recover in a lifetime only once, as the body recover from further develops immunity to chickenpox. Although sometimes there are cases when people in my life get chicken pox 2 times.
Chickenpox most commonly affects children aged 2 to 10 years. As a rule, the disease are especially vulnerable to those children who are in kindergartens and schools, visiting groups, sections, etc. Newborn babies up to 6 months of age may not develop chickenpox, because they have since birth retained the immunity obtained from the mother and support breastfeeding.
The chickenpox virus is very volatile, the route of transmission — airborne . This virus can settle in the mucous membranes of the eyes, nose and mouth, the entire surface of the respiratory tract, where with ease and high speed enters the body.
In children the disease chickenpox is outwardly manifested at first reddish spots on the skin surface, which then form small-sized blisters, filled with fluid.
It should be noted that chicken pox is a resistant infection and rapidly spreads between people to the disease – that is why there are annual seasonal epidemics of chickenpox in child care . With a current of air and dust the chickenpox virus easily penetrates to the neighboring apartments and rooms. If a kindergarten pupil got chicken pox — so all the other kids are also vulnerable to infection and those that do not have a history of this disease is likely to become ill.
Epidemiological picture of the incidence of chickenpox is due to the duration of its the incubation period of 2 to 3 weeks . In the incubation period of chickenpox can manifest itself. Children look perfectly healthy and active. But during this period the ill child, who does not even have any external manifestations of chickenpox, epidemic is a threat to all the people around him and is able to infect. When the incubation period passes and begins the phase of most active division of the virus in the body, the health of the child begins to deteriorate, there are all the typical symptoms of chickenpox. When the disease is on the decline,the virus of chickenpox ceases its activity after 5 days from the appearance of the last rash on the body.
Chickenpox in children symptoms: how to start and looks like chickenpox in children?
The vast majority of cases, chicken pox shows a typical picture of the disease, and all children is reflected equally.
Among major symptoms of varicella we can distinguish the following:
- Suddenly increasing body temperature (40 degrees C)
- Pain in the head, limbs and muscles
- Irritability, tearfulness baby, severe fatigue and apathy
- Unreasonable anxiety, sleep disorders
- Loss of appetite and even refusal of food
- The appearance on the whole body surface typical lesions spots and bubbles, which does not affect only the surface of the hands and feet.
Rash are pink-red spots of small size, which quite rapidly cover the entire body of the child in a very short period of time.
- After some time these pink spots are starting to turn into the blisters with clear fluid inside
- The bubbles cause severe itching . The child starts itching to be disturbed, he tries to brush the bubbles on the skin — what absolutely can not do. Parents should remember this and by all means to prevent scratching a toddler itchy blisters on the skin. Otherwise, combed in the wound can get infected, causing severe complication is secondary infection of the skin
- The spots of chicken pox on the skin dry within 3 days and covered with a crust of red. But in the process of the disease on the patient's body be the next eruptions, in the typical form of the disease – in the period from 4 to 8 days, accompanied by all the above symptoms of this disease
- The crust, covering spots on the skin, begin to disappear after 2 weeks . On the site of the rash after the chickenpox on the skin remain subtle marks that are first painted in a pale pink color, then merge in color with healthy skin, not standing out. But, if the child during illness combed vesicles of chickenpox on the skin, the location of these scratches can be formed in various sizes scars that remain forever.
Form of chickenpox in children
How long does chickenpox in children? A simple answer is impossible. The body of each person is individual, and varicella among all flows in different ways. If you take the averages, we can say —the appearance of new spots suspended during the 5th to 8th day of illness . Since that time, it is believed that the pox is on the decline and the child recovers. Marks on skin from spots, chicken pox pass within 3 weeks .
All cases of chickenpox require a completely different treatment — it completely depends on the shape of the disease.
There the typical chicken pox. which is mild, moderate or severe form as well as atypical chicken pox .
- Chicken pox in a mild form occurs without fever and other symptoms. Perhaps the appearance of only a few individual spots and blisters on the skin, which are also accompanied by itching.
- If the child is ill chicken pox of moderate severity. his body is typical of chicken pox spots, the patient has a high temperature and symptoms of intoxication. At a chicken pox of moderate severity, the body temperature not more than 38 degrees C.
- A severe form of chickenpox in childhood is extremely rare – it is usually shown in adult patients. During the period of varicella severe forms the body of the patient almost completely cover the pit with much itching, vesicles, when the body temperature increases to 40 degrees. In severe form of smallpox on the human body appears a large number of meetings with each other spots, symptoms of General intoxication. In rare cases, a severe form of chickenpox can get the kids first year of life with a weak immune system. Pregnant women are also vulnerable to this form of chickenpox, it is important to remember.
- To atypical form of chickenpox includes cases aggerverband forms of the disease, which is characterized by very severe manifestations of all symptoms, as well as rudimentary form of the disease in which the varicella flows completely asymptomatic.
Chickenpox – complications in children: how dangerous is chicken pox for a child?
If all sanitary and hygienic standards are followed, chickenpoxdoes not cause any complications . If in the course of the disease the vesicles on the skin inflamed or was badly combed, and in their place are formed the visible scars that remain for life. More serious consequences of varicella patients practically does not occur. The only serious complication of chickenpox — which, fortunately, rarely is encephalomyelitis, the so-called inflammation of the brain.
As a rule, treatment of varicella is carried out at home . Drugs for treatment of chickenpox does not exist, they are not necessary. When the chickenpox doctors recommend that patients adhere to a certain diet, drink plenty of fluids, to observe strict bed rest, take anti-Allergy drugs to prevent severe itching, to lubricate the skin calming itch lotions, and the resulting bubbles – green paint.
I know that sick with chicken pox once in a lifetime, that is if I do it in childhood chickenpox, you will not get sick as adults, which pleases, as in adults, as was also stated in the article, this disease is more severe than in children.
I've also heard that small children are undesirable to get sick with chicken pox, to protect them from this disease, as also can be complications.
That is, it is best to recover from this disease in kindergarten or school.
For the time being, thank God, we did not suffer from chickenpox, but we still have very little contact with other children. We are now a year and 9 months old.
My daughter is 1 year and 11 months old. now sick with chickenpox. My nephew, who in turn was infected by the girls in the dacha, injured us. Our fame did not come down to temperature. We can get greens, I give Suprastin for the night and I soothe the itching lotion. So we sleep peacefully))
I want to add that I, too, was sick with chickenpox in my childhood. But when my daughter was ill, I was scratching and looking around for about 3 days, and there were little pryshchiki.Potom all prohral.I so it was not only with me, but with several others.