First aid for poisoning baby

Poisoning in children is different. The most famous is food. The second occurs in children due to an overdose of medicines. Also the baby will become ill because of poisonous, chemical substances. They enter the body through the respiratory tract. Let's consider, according to what signs to determine the poisoning, and tell you what to do.

Signs and symptoms of poisoning in children – how to understand what the child is poisoned, and when to see the doctor?

Symptoms of poisoning appear in babies suddenly. Poor health can be caused by unwashed berries, plants or poor-quality products.

But, no matter what the cause caused indigestion, the symptoms are the same:

  • Stomach ache.
  • A liquid stool.
  • Lethargy and weakness.
  • Change the color of the lips.
  • Vomiting.
  • Rapid pulse.
  • Increased temperature.

When poisoning with medicines, the symptoms of the younger generation are similar to those listed above. Often parents find children when they use poisonous substances, or find empty packs of medicines.

Signs of poisoning can be very unpredictable:

  • Lethargy and sleepiness, or Vice versa – the tension and excitement.
  • Dilated pupils.
  • Sweating.
  • Pale or red skin.
  • Rare and deep breathing.
  • Violation of coordination of movements, unsteady gait.
  • The decreased body temperature.
  • Dry mouth.

In case of any poisoning is to call the doctor immediately! Interacting with each other in the body, drugs lead to death. And even if your child eats regular vitamins, overdose terrible!

Signs for poisoning from medications and toxic chemicals like.

However, it is necessary to add some more symptoms:

  • Disturbances of the heartbeat.
  • A weak pulse.
  • Noisy breathing.
  • Possible hallucinations.
  • Loss of consciousness.
  • The increase or decrease in blood pressure.

First aid infants for poisoning – what to do if poisoned child?

Suspected signs of poisoning in an infant, parents should contact the ambulance.

The baby to the ambulance, you can help yourself by adhering to the following three points:

  • Child needs to drink boiled water.   The amount of wash liquid should not exceed 1 liter. It is better to give a drink to a baby with a teaspoon, in several doses.
  • Sit on a chair and put on his lap the child, expand his face. The baby's head should be lower than the rest of the body. The stomach can press lightly. Then press lightly with the index finger on the root of the tongue to cause the child vomit. Self-washing is repeated 2-3 times.
  • Give the child to drink diluted activated carbon. Will also help You or another drug that kills microbes in the gastrointestinal tract. Be sure before taking drugs should consult with your doctor.

Let us further consider what to do in case of poisoning:

  • Not to give the baby to drink potassium permanganate, not to do with the enema solution. Many parents are mistaken, not knowing that the potassium permanganate threat. She stops for a while diarrhea and vomiting, but forms a fecal plug. As a result, the child will swell the stomach, there will be shortness of breath and vomiting.
  • It is prohibited to use pain medications. It is also impossible to cause vomiting soda solution, milk of the baby or feed him.
  • To measure the body temperature of the child. But warm or cool his belly is impossible.

First aid for poisoning of the child of younger preschool or school-age instruction

Children from 3 years and older are more independent. They can complain of malaise, tell what they ate at school. Once you have suspected symptoms of poisoning, you should consult your doctor.

And then follow the instructions:

  • Rinse the belly of the child. If it's food poisoning, you should induce vomiting. Let the child boiled water, better in small portions – a glass a few times. The amount of liquid depends on age: 3 to 5 years of age should drink 2-3 liters of water, 6 to 8 – up to 5 liters, for children from 8 years and older should drink 8 liters. The wash procedure should be repeated 2-3 times.
  • The use of chelators – substances that remove bacteria and toxins from the body. This is the very first tool that you need to give the baby. If this activated charcoal tablets, it is best to dilute it in water. You must follow the instructions of drugs and calculate the correct dosage.
  • Third, to avoid dehydration. The child should drink a glucose-saline or slightly salted water, they can also replace rice or bottled water, weak tea, an infusion of rose hips.
    In cases of poisoning by medicines or poisons in any case, no need to self-medicate. Urgently you should call an Ambulance, and then we must help the child to wash out the stomach.

This summer was not the best for my little daughter (3 years old). Were at sea. I ate what I usually cook at home. And then on-the-poisoning. She ran to the pharmacy, bought a smectic, ibuprofen. I drank the crumbs of them, it became kind of better for 2 days. On day 3 she tried to feed her, as before she was turned on everything, even from water. We started eating a softened banana, then a burbot. And so all day, nothing more could be shoved. Refused and all. I think this is the best means for children to be poisoned.

You did wrong in my opinion. It was necessary to add an agent that kills germs by age. And to remove toxins after smekty. And then they accumulated a bunch, but you do not leave them anywhere, they will complicate all organs. Next time buy still enterosgel, it is also sweet, in the form of paste. And in general, it's good to put it on the sea in the first-aid kit and apply it even prophylactically, so that this does not happen again.