All about treating heat rash in newborns – if potnichka for children?
Potnick in newborns should be treated!
With a phenomenon such as sweating, most often facing mothers and dad newborns. Due to impaired thermoregulation, crumbs often form rashes - both on the face and in the folds of the skin.
Potnick how to distinguish from other rashes, Is it dangerous, and what are the ways to effectively treat it?
Signs of heat rash in newborns – how it looks and how it can be distinguished from other rashes?
Children's potnichka is a specific rash on the skin,similar in appearance to a regular rash . Because of the sensitivity to external stimuli and temperature changes, the skin of newborns is subject to this phenomenon more than others.
The puffling can appear right after birth under the influence of this or that factor, and the main areas of its localization are wrinkles (pens, legs), neck, priest and face.
Looks like potnichka — signs and features
- Potnichka in the neck usually localized in its folds, although it can go to parts of the back and shoulders. Outwardly it manifests itself in the form of small reddish dots. The skin at the same time — wet to the touch.
- Potnichka on the head appears red or pink small rash that occurs immediately after heavy sweating.
- In areas of the armpits potnichka usually settles in the folds, appearing as a reaction to the tight wrapping or rubbing on your shirt.
- Potnichka on the priest or on the areas of the groin — this is a very extensive rash bright red rash, often complicated by the simultaneous occurrence of diaper rash or even infection (urine and feces on the skin of the crumbs — a strong irritant).
- As for patnicki on the face . it occurs very rarely. Usually at too high humidity, the excess cream on the skin or overheating crumbs, localizaci on the forehead and cheeks, and in some cases — on the chin.
The pad is often accompanied by the appearance of small bubbles with different contents (serous or transparent). Increases in temperature (with the exception of cases with infection) are usually not observed.
The types petnicki
In accordance with the signs of rash, three main types of swabs are distinguished:
- Crystal. It is usually observed in infants. Features: pearl white or bubbles merging together in the process of the spread of the rash. The size of the bubbles of about 2 mm. After damage bubbles (a day or two) for infant the skin area peeling. Areas of distribution — the neck face and upper half of the body.
- Red. Signs: tiny homogeneous nodules or bubbles and a noticeable reddening of the skin around them. Petnicki the bubbles do not merge, and the rash feels sore to touch and itchy skin. In the heat or high humidity pain tends to increase. Main areas of symptoms: groin and armpits, skin folds on the neck.
- Deep. Symptoms: bubbles of diameter 1-3 mm (flesh color) on the handles/legs or torso. They occur after sweating through an hour or two, and quickly disappear.
If you have petnicki on the skin has settled and the infection, then here to mention microbial eczema - that is, an infected chicken, which is characterized by the appearance of vesicles with the presence of a cloudy liquid, redness of the skin and a rise in temperature.
As potnick not be confused with other diseases?
Many moms confuse potnick with the usual skin peeling or atopic dermatitis. It should be noted that the sweating sickness is a phenomenon that occurs due to heavy sweating, and blisters and reddening of the sweating sickness in the first place manifest themselves in the areas of the bends - that is, in the folds of the hands, legs and groin.
Also you should know that additional characteristics have petnicki does not happen t. If they appeared (temperature, etc.) - this is an excuse to go to a polyclinic. In any case, an experienced dermatologist or pediatrician can only make an accurate diagnosis.
The main causes of heat rash in infants
The key reason for the formation of sweating in the baby is the clogging of the ducts of the sweat glands. That is, the more sweating the baby, the higher the risk of sweating.
It is manifested and under the influence of other factors:
- The disruption of the sweat glands in crumbs because of their immaturity.
- The finding of the infant in the incubator with warm/moist air (due to prematurity).
- The temperature increase due to the development of infection.
- Diuretics that increase the baby sweating.
- Long stay in nappies or diapers without proper hygiene procedures.
- Prolonged exposure under the sun.
- Hormonal changes in the first few weeks after birth (this is the norm).
- The use of brace-collar for the neck (to support it).
- The use of heat bonnets and other clothes too "not the weather".
- Violation of hygienic requirements.
- Overweight baby.
- Too tight clothing, or tight swaddling.
- The use of synthetic fabrics in clothing/underwear.
- The use of cosmetics, preventing normal ventilation of the skin (e.g., creams, clogging the pores of the skin).
Threat potnichka – what can be the consequences?
For babies potnichka is not so dangerous disease. Anyway, in case of timely visit to the doctor and taken measures it will take place quickly and without consequences.
If preventive and curative measures are not taken, and negative factors are not resolved and continue, then potnichka becomes a "springboard" for active reproduction of microbes, which in turn leads to the emergence of infection, the appearance of pustules, eczema, inflammation and others.
The risk is very high, given the too the close location of the blood vessels of the baby skin - even the smallest wounds for a baby are potentially dangerous. Therefore, it is not recommended to leave the potion "on its own".
Methods of treatment for heat rash in a newborn – the parents!
Start the fight with the chalk immediately, barely found its first symptoms. How can I treat it and prevent it from reappearing?
Remember and use in practice!
- The temperature for the nursery. It is recommended to maintain in the range of 20-22 degrees (stable). Mandatory — regular airing (toddler carry out at the same time in another room).
- Only quality diapers! Those "breathing" to allow air to pop the crumbs not prela. And definitely in size. The diaper should not be too tight. Changing regularly — do not wait until the diaper will be filled "under an outset".
- Put on the kid free clothes. It should not restrict movement too snugly to the body. Fabric clothes and lingerie we choose only natural — no synthetics!
- Not overheated baby. His dress according to the temperature of the room.
- Twice a day to bathe the child in boiled water . adding a decoction of a succession or chamomile. After each use of the diaper "on purpose" be sure to wash away the baby. You can use for more cosmetics for babies, but you have to consult with a pediatrician.
- The air bath. Regularly hold their baby.
- Eliminate all the factors contributing to the increase sweating in baby — high humidity, too high temperature in the room, etc. don't forget that the baby often sweats "the strain" — for example, when too long and hysterically shouts, straining or has difficulty in feeding (particularly with inverted nipples mom when the baby has to "work hard" to eat).
- Adhere to the sleep mode and power. Don't forget about regular walks. If weather is not permitting, you can walk right on the balcony, or (in his absence) just open the window a little wider.
- Don't throw the (possibly) breast-feeding mother's milk protects the baby from many health problems, including this one.
- For a time, should abandon the use of creams. They create on the skin moist environment, which only enhances the manifestation patnicki. It is better to use the powder.
In any case, we should go to the doctor?
To a pediatrician or dermatologist should be consulted in the event that the sweating is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Temperature increase.
- The appearance of weeping scabs or ulcers.
- Peeling of the skin.
- Itching itch.
- Potnichka not passed for several days and even, in contrast, is "spread" more widely.
- The fluid in the vesicles acquired a yellowish, white or another color.
- The kid is annoyed and cranky.
Treatment for patnicki a baby
No special drugs are usually prescribed for the treatment of sweating (unless, of course, it caused complications in the form of an infection).
- Decoctions of herbs (series, chamomile, branches currant, oak bark, celandine, yarrow) and "potassium permanganate" (to the pink color of the water and 1-2 times a week) when bathing.
- Baby powder for the treatment of wrinkles of the skin.
- Baking soda (for wiping areas with potnichkoy, 1 h/l in a glass of water and wipe the skin with a cotton swab dipped in this solution).
- Cream Bepanten or Benzalconi for the treatment and drying of the skin.
- The zinc ointment. This product has anti-inflammatory and drying properties. Apply the product only on clean and dry skin 5-6 times a day.
- Cream Calamine. To relieve itching, cooling effect.
Attention! Self do not do it! Before you use these or other tools, be sure to consult a pediatrician. Take care of their babies!
At my small brothel was from diapers. There was nothing to hide. Only cure - again appears. Moreover, tried in general all the diapers that we have sold. I had to completely abandon them. At night I got up 2-3 times to change clothes, and on the street I simply laid a diaper folded into sliders. At once everything passed. Without any ointments. It seems to me that these "breathing" diapers are not so breathable.))
We mend Bipantenom. A universal tool. From all skin problems helps. At us this cream - simply wand-zashchalochka for all. Even dogs I smear (they at us naked), when on a skin spots get out. Super-tool.
We quickly coped with the chalk. Every day they drank with a decoction of chamomile, treated with talc, constantly made air baths. And it is important to soak the towel after bathing, and not wipe! And the sites of sweat are best left open until it passes. With booty, of course, it is difficult (here you need fewer diapers and more air baths), but neck, head, legs - it is better not to wrap anything. Also will pass or take place, without ointments.
In the summer we have had this "infection". We got lucky). Got out on the priest — all direct covered. We just took the diapers and wore them until all are gone. So with a bare ass for a few days and lived — slept, ate, walked. Just a cloth covered top. In General, if the baby to bathe regularly and wash after pee/poop, then there will be nothing. To wash away — just under the tap, and once a week with herbs to bathe. And to remove all synthetics. We have only C/b-shka everywhere.
My sister smears cream son all the time and does not understand - where did he get a sweating. The child is already sweating like a longshoreman, she still smeared with cream. I explain to her that she does not listen. Mom, use the powder! Reliable tool against humidity in wrinkles. I still understand the use of creams in areas where the skin is completely dry, but wrinkles - they themselves collect moisture. And if they also smear with a cream ... Here to you and a sweating afterwards.
We smeared my daughter with a left-handed son, and my son with olive oil, boiled. They just smeared the rash. They kept it in the pantry. 200 ml was enough for my children and the neighbors - as much as a year.)) Very effective. And I advise you to bathe with sea salt and alternate (alternate).
Oh, how we fought this misery... well, still happens in babies what is really important... good Podguzov and often change...
For example, I like Helen Harper Baby diapers because nothing comes out of it. My child goes to bed at seven o'clock in the evening and wakes up at five in the morning. Naturally, during this time, the diaper is full. The good news is that it remains only in the diaper, and the pelenochka itself and the panties are dry. Before that I bought other different and all have one problem. I had to change the pants, the diaper and the sheet together with the diaper. Otherwise, without fanaticism. The skin from him is not irritated, redness, pimples, no blue-stripes. But I still use the diaper with diaper rash - once a night. And during the day, I do not apply any cream, since I believe that the skin of the baby should get used to the external conditions of the environment. And we wear a diaper without taking it off, I'm afraid that suddenly she will like it without him and then there will be hysterics.