The most modern methods of checking the patency of the fallopian tubes – what to choose?
All methods of examination of the fallopian tubes
One of the main diagnostic points in determining infertility is the patency of the fallopian tubes. This test is included in the mandatory key five methods of examination infertility, in addition to examining the chair, as well as ultrasound, infectious and hormonal studies.
Each second patient who treats infertility has an adhesion process in the small pelvis or abnormalities in the operation of the fallopian tubes.
Diagnosis of tubal patency
The fallopian tube is, first of all, a kind of conductor of the ovum from the ovary to the uterus. To assess the quality of this transport function of the fallopian tubes, there are many methods today, and in some cases the patency of the fallopian tubes can be restored. The main methods for determining the quality of this function are:
- Analysis to determine the level of antibodies to chlamydia (in your blood)
- Presence of abnormalities of the endometrium (as the uterus)
- The patency of the fallopian tubes
- The presence of malformations (saddle or bicornuate uterus, intrauterine septum, etc.).
With this type of diagnosis possible false-positive and false-negative results . Compared with laparoscopy, mismatches range from fifteen to twenty-five percent. Therefore, the GHA method is considered a less informative study of the fallopian tubes than chromosalpingoscopy and laparoscopy.
- In the cervical canal of the patient is the catheter to the uterus
- The uterine cavity through a catheter filled with contrast agent (the substance, if patency of the tubes, enters the pelvic cavity)
- Made pictures . (In the beginning of the procedure) to assess the shape of the uterine cavity, the clarity of its contours, the presence of pathology and patency of the tubes. Second, to evaluate the shape of tubes and distribution of the liquid in the small pelvic cavity.
- Do not require anesthesia
- May outpatient procedure
- Non-invasive method (no penetration of tools into the abdominal cavity)
- Good tolerability (discomfort equal to the setting of intrauterine devices)
- There is no complications.
- Unpleasant procedure
- Irradiation of the pelvic organs
- After the procedure should be carefully protected during the menstrual cycle
- The lack of absolute certainty as to the patency of the tubes.
A widely used technique that allows research with contrast. A highly sensitive, easily portable procedure that gives a lot of valuable information.
- The patient lying on the gynecological chair, held inspection to clarify the direction of deflection of the uterus
- Introduced mirror in the vagina, then the cervix exposedprocessing ;
- In the uterine cavity is entered thin the catheter for the study of the cervical canal
- At the end of the catheter after its introduction, the balloon is inflated to prevent loss of the catheter from the uterine cavity
- Introduced into the vagina Ultrasound probe (vaginal)
- Through the catheter enter warm saline . then the liquid flows through the fallopian tubes.
- The lack of x-ray irradiation
- The possibility of conducting research in real-time
- Clearer identification of hydro - or zakosarenko
- Easier portability procedures than GHA
- This technique is safe unlike the GHA, after which should be carefully protected.
- The low accuracy results in comparison with GHA
Laparoscopy is a modern surgical method of operation for inspection organs from the inside without cutting and with the help of the gastroscope (laparoscope). Performed for diagnosis of diseases and study of organs of small pelvis and abdominal cavity, as well as for surgical treatment.
- Infertility within a year (assuming a constant sexual life without contraception)
- Hormonal pathology
- Ovarian tumors
- Uterine fibroids
- Suspected adhesions or endometriosis
- Endometriosis of the peritoneum (uterine appendages)
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Voluntary sterilization (tubal ligation)
- The suspected ovarian apoplexy
- Suspected ectopic pregnancy
- Suspected tumor torsion legs ovarian
- Suspected perforation of the uterus
- The ruptured pyosalpinx (or ovarian cysts)
- The loss of the Navy
- Acute oophoritis in the absence of results from conservative therapy within 1-2 days.
The advantages of the procedure are indisputable with the necessary experience and qualifications of specialists.
- Low invasiveness (reduction of pain after surgery)
- Rapid recovery (one to two days) physical functions
- Reduced risk of formation of adhesions after surgery
- A short period spent in the hospital
- The advantage in the cosmetic sense: the less visible traces of punctures (5-10 mm) compared to the scars after open surgery
- Reducing the risk of developing hernias after surgery, due to the absence of big incisions
- Profitability (despite the higher operation cost), savings medications, reduction of terms of rehabilitation and in-hospital period.
- The high cost of instruments and equipment for surgery
- Possible specific complications (disorders of the cardiovascular, pulmonary, etc.)
- Not all experts have sufficient experience to undertake this operation
- The risk of damage to anatomical structures (in the absence of the physician's qualifications and experience).
This procedure is one of the most accurate methods of visual examination of the state of the uterine cavity with the help of a hysteroscope, through which it is possible to detect intrauterine diseases.
- Slow introduction of hysteroscope
- Investigation with it of the canal of the cervix, the cavity itself and all the walls of the uterus;
- Inspection areas of both the orifices of the fallopian tubes, with the study of color, thickness and uniformity of the endometrium.
- Opportunities for diagnosis through examination of organs from the inside
- The possibility of accurate diagnosis
- The ability to detect hidden diseases
- The possibility of a biopsy (to determine the presence of cancer cells or of the nature of the tumor)
- The possibility of carrying out operations on removal of tumors, fibroids, lesions of endometriosis while preserving reproductive properties of the uterus
- The ability to timely stop the bleeding and preserve vital organs during surgery, as well as the imposition of micro-joints
- Safety for neighboring organs
- Minimal risk of subsequent complications
- The opportunity for regular supervision of development of the disease
- The possibility of sparing abortion is safe for subsequent pregnancies
- Aesthetics (no scars).
- The limitations of the action. Using hysteroscopy can effectively solve the problems associated with diseases of the cervix and the uterus itself. Other organs of the reproductive system by this method are not solved, to be provided with a laparoscopy.
She did laparoscopy a couple of years ago. Of the advantages: quickly recovered, scarring - a minimum, rehabilitation is also fast. Of the minuses: very expensive, and formed spikes. Pre-put the primary infertility and endometriosis, was sent to laparoscopy ... And I really wanted a karapuzik. So I had to agree. The first day passed tests, on the second - already operation. Forty minutes did, anesthesia - general. There were almost no pains after the operation, so - pulled a little bit, and that's it. Have written out in couple of days, have given valuable instructions, video have shown with operation. ? What can I say ... What can I say, if today my karapuzik is already a year old. ? In general, those who are going to this operation - do not be afraid. And money is nonsense, when such a goal. ?
Laparoscopy had to do about ten years ago. In principle, come very quickly, starting to walk too quickly. First, the ultrasound found an ovarian cyst, put endometriosis presumably. Everything went fine. When I started to sew, I woke up. ? The incisions are small, almost never got sick on the second day, calmly stood up. From the anesthesia and heavier, his head was spinning. ? In General, it is better of course, do not do surgery. But I survived fine. ?
And I did hysteroscopy. Which is good - under local anesthesia, and the diagnosis is clear. By results of US have found polyps of an endometrium and have persuaded on excision that I could then give birth normally. They said that the procedure is one of the most sparing. I did not want to scrape the uterus, as with an abortion, so I agreed. It did not work out as promised. Anesthesia I myself begged spinal, local did not. In short, it turned out that they had a diagnostic hysteroscope, in the end they scraped me round practically. The result is upset. So, find out in advance what apparatus the hysteroscopy is going to do. To then without consequences, and immediately all unnecessary to remove the most sparing.
I had a hysteroscopy without noise and dust. ? Did at the age of 34 years. Lived here to this ...? After reading the Internet a little faint did not fall, it was terrible to go to surgery. But all went well. Preparation, anesthesia, woke up, day in the hospital, then home. ? There was no pain, no bleeding, and most importantly - now you can think about the second baby. ?
I decided to share my experience with the GHA. ? Suddenly, to whom it will be useful. ? I was scared of being afraid. Especially having read the comments on the network about this procedure. By the way, it took no more than 20 minutes. When entering the tip into the uterus, it was terribly unpleasant, and when the solution was injected, nothing felt. I expected that I was about to faint in pain. ? While the doctor did not say - look at the monitor, you're all right. ? Blowing air - also, in principle, without sensations. Conclusion: do not be afraid, everything will be fine. The study is very important, it makes sense.