Early and late preeclampsia in pregnancy – what it is and how it manifests itself?
Preeclampsia in pregnant women — causes, diagnosis and risks
Gestosis is a complication of important organs and systems of the pregnant woman's body. The disease is very serious and dangerous. It can disrupt the work of the liver, kidneys, heart, vascular, endocrine systems. In the world, gestosis is manifested in a third of expectant mothers, and can develop both against a background of chronic disease, and in a healthy woman.
The types and degree of gestosis of pregnant
The disease begins to manifest itself already in the first pregnancy. Often it arises from the first day and ends on the 20th week. Early gestosis pose little threat to mother and child. There are three degrees of severity of the disease:
- Easy. In the morning there is the morning sickness. Just a day it can occur 5 times. You may lose your appetite. Pregnant lose weight 2-3 kg. the Overall condition of the body's normal – temperature normal. Blood tests and urine tests also normal.
- Average. Morning sickness quickens to 10 times a day. The time of manifestation of any and is not dependent on power. 2 weeks also you can lose weight 2-3 kg. the body Temperature usually rises and varies from 37 to 37.5 degrees. Quickens the heart rate of 90-100 beats per minute. Urine tests are distinguished by the presence of acetone.
- Heavy. Morning sickness occurs constantly. Vomiting can be up to 20 times a day, and even more. Overall health is deteriorating. Pregnant woman loses up to 10 kg due to poor appetite. The temperature will rise to 37.5 degrees. Also note increased heart rate is 110-120 beats per minute, insomnia, low blood pressure. Constantly mommy will want to drink, because the body will suffer dehydration. The tests are bad in the urine is observed acetone and protein that is leached from the body in the blood – increased hemoglobin, bilirubin, creatinine.
In the case when the disease is longer than 20 weeks, and it was called late gestosis. There are several stages of late gestosis:
- At stage 1, there is swelling. Pregnant notice their numbness and thickening of the toes and hands.
- 2 stage nephropathy. The expectant mother increases the pressure. Maybe on the background that will appear haemorrhage, or placental abruption.
- At stage 3 occurs preeclampsia. Appears in the urine protein levels. The body not accepting the protein and displays it. A pregnant can be a headache, morning sickness, insomnia, abdominal pain, impaired memory and sight.
- Stage 4 – eclampsia. Appear seizures, loss of consciousness. In the acute form, a woman can go into a coma.
Doctors distinguish some other forms of gestosis. These include:
- Jaundice. Can occur in the 2nd trimester due to viral hepatitis.
- Dermatosis. Manifested in different forms – can be hives, eczema, herpes, allergic manifestations on the skin.
- Liver. It is also a disease called FH. It markedly reduced the activity of the kidneys and liver.
- Tetany in pregnancy. Due to lack of calcium and vitamin D, disorders of the thyroid can cause convulsions.
- Osteomalacia – softening of bones. Also appears due to lack of calcium, phosphorus, vitamin D, malfunctions of the thyroid gland.
- Arthropathy. For the same reasons, pelvis and joints can incorrectly grow together.
- Chorea. Develops on the background of mental disorders. Pregnant can involuntarily move parts of the body, it can be difficult to talk or swallow.
Signs of early and late gestosis during pregnancy diagnosis
Early preeclampsia, you may notice the following symptoms:
- The loss of appetite.
- Changing sense of taste and smell.
Late preeclampsia is characterized by such signs:
- High blood pressure.
- The protein levels in the urine.
- Violation of the emotional state.
- Increased temperature.
- Stomach ache.
- Visual impairment.
- Memory loss.
The main causes of preeclampsia during pregnancy
The doctors still have not come to one opinion about the causes of preeclampsia. These are the main grounds for the emergence of the disease:
- Hormonal effects, manifested through the destruction of the placenta.
- The toxic poisoning of the body. And the toxins can both mother and future child.
- Allergic manifestation, manifested through vomiting or miscarriage. There is an Allergy because of the incompatibility of the tissues of the ovum of the parents.
- The immunological reaction of the body. Due to violations of the immune system the mother's body rejects the fetus.
- Neuroreflex influence. The growing man may irritate the receptors of the endometrium and provoke negative reactions of the autonomic nervous system.
- Mental perception. Mommy might get scared of pregnancy, childbirth and the future will adjust itself so that its body will begin to break down the processes of inhibition and excitation of the Central nervous system.
- Genetic reaction.
The risk of preeclampsia in pregnant women – the disease is dangerous for mom and baby?
The risk of preeclampsia in a pregnant great. The main factors which may be a disease are:
- Extragenital pathology. Develop cardio-sosudistye disease, kidney disease, liver. Disturbed endocrine system, metabolism.
- Bad habits – alcoholism, Smoking, drug abuse.
- Ecological problems.
- Adverse social conditions.
- Incorrect power mode.
- Disease-specific hazards of the labour of production.
- Disruption of rest and sleep.
- Age – under 18 years of age and older than 35.
- The multiple pregnancy.
- Genital infantilism.
- Hereditary preeclampsia.
- A chronic infection.
- A poor immune system.
- Anomalies of the internal organs of the pelvis.
- Lupus erythematosus.
- Personal attitude to pregnancy, which is expressed in the negative.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland.
The disease should be taken seriously. If there is a risk to life, or complication, Mom should immediately consult a doctor.
Preeclampsia can be dangerous during pregnancy.
The expectant mother may experience:
- Headaches, dizziness.
- Worsen vision.
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome.
- Damage to the kidneys.
- The destruction of brain cells.
Of course, gestosis affects the development of a little man. He can observe a delay in development, hypoxia.
In addition, the placenta may peel and miscarriage will occur.