Turn the camera on Windows 7
First of all, to start working with the webcam, you need to make sure that it is properly connected to the technician, in this case - to the laptop or to the computer. This applies to the option when using a separate USB camera. If it is built-in, then other methods will be used to run it.
Webcam – opportunities for your communication
The Internet gives us even more opportunities to communicate. In addition to various chat rooms, e-mail, now another type of communication is gaining popularity - on video. This technology will allow not only to talk with your opponent, but also to see him through the monitor. What do you need to start a webcam in Windows 7? This requires two main components:
- PC or laptop with OS Windows7
Instructions on how to use the camera in Windows 7
- Each set of model Webcams come with a CD with additional software containing the driver. Connect the device to your PC and install them. Also on the disc already has the program, it can help manage the camera. After installing the driver and install this software. Then restart your computer.
- After all we have on the system bar icon of the program. We direct the mouse on it and select the command "On" or "Start". Now the webcam is completely ready to work.
- It happens that, after complete installation the application still can't automatically start – "Windows 7" sees the webcam. In this case, on the taskbar, the icon does not appear. Looking for it through the "start" or launch shortcut on the desktop, then select "On".
- Uncommon situation that a webcam was purchased long ago, so drivers with the appropriate program for Windows7в was not complete. If you know your camera model, then the right solution would be to download the drivers and software to a specific device on the manufacturer's website. And in a situation when the model is unknown, it is easy to learn. To do this, connect it to PC, and then immediately be seen automatic identification of the device and its name, which is used.
Searching for a desired program
When we look for software where the video is used, the first thing we do is go to the Windows Compatibility Center. This is a fairly handy resource for finding compatible programs and devices.
Tips for buying a camera
When choosing a model, be guided by certain functions. If the device is purchased with a built-in camera, then it is quite possible that you will not need another one. But the choice is always yours, as there are advantages for both of them. The internal camera is compact and constantly is with you, and external - will provide a higher quality video.
Recommendations for working with the camera
- do not enter standby mode, with immediate activation of the system until such time until the power indicator will become yellow
- set once again have to make sure that the camera is compatible with the version "Windows"
- if the camera is not recognized, disconnect it, and after a minute or two try to connect again;
- if you have problems check your webcam on another laptop
- when poor-quality video can reduce the video size or to close all other applications and tasks.
To learn more about how to enable the webcam on a computer running Windows 7, you can use the video from our website.