How to configure WI-FI on notebook Asus
For different notebook models, there are certain ways to connect to the wireless Internet. In some it is possible to have an access point already created, but in others it is necessary to create it yourself. Today we will talk about how to connect Wi-Fi on the Asus laptop.
Guide to activate Wi-Fi on notebook Asus
- For starters, turn on the laptop and wait until the operating system is fully loaded. Activate the router's wireless network. Next, adhere the following instructions for configuration.
- Go to “device Manager” and in the list find the device. It is important that the device was installed all necessary drivers. Make sure in advance.
- In the window you will see the wireless icon grid, click on it. Next, go to “control Center network and sharing”.
- A menu will appear. On the left, find “Manage wireless networks” and click on it. Then click “Add”. In the opened menu click “Create network profile manually”.
- Now you need to fill in all lines of the table. Carefully enter the access point name, security type used by the device. From the correctness of the input data depends on the success of the process. At the end, enter the key (password) to specify the type of encryption.
- Put a tick near the item “Connect to this network automatically”, press “Next” and then “Close”. Wait until the device will establish contact with the access point.
- In case when your laptop already has access to the network, and you need to connect it with another device, do the following: open network and sharing center, then “Manage wireless networks” click “Add” and “to Create a network the computer-computer”.
- In the table that appears, fill in all fields: the network name, password, security. Click “Save settings for this network” “Next”.
- Then turn on the second device and then connect to a new network-the Internet method second, third and fourth paragraph of the guide. Open the connection properties and confirm the possibility of using the network other computers in the “Access”.
Tips for setting up the Wi-Fi on the “ASUS”
How to connect to Wi-Fi from the Asus laptop, we explained. After the done manipulations, you should not have problems with access. However, there are situations that require additional actions for resolution. In case you did not manage to get online, pay attention to the following points:
- verify that the network led is lit. Most often that little light bulb located near the sockets at the front or side of the laptop
- try to connect to the Internet any other device (mobile, tablet, etc.). Thus it is possible to understand that the problem lies in the laptop or Wi-Fi router
- if you recently reinstalled the operating system “Windows”, it could be the cause of the problem. You need to check the availability and serviceability of all drivers and reinstall them. It is important that all the drivers have been specifically designed for your system. Of course, it is best to install licensed programs
- very often the problem is solved in the usual restart the computer. Also try turning off the router and re-enable it. Button on/off switch is usually located on the inside of the modem.
Setting up wi-fi on a laptop is not difficult, and now you are sure of it.