Consider the square footage in the premises of a regular and irregular shape
Repair planning is always fraught with difficulties. They are expressed not only in money embezzlement, but in the planning. You need to accurately calculate how much and what material you will need for plastering, wallpapering or flooring. And here you can not do without a high school knowledge of mathematics to know how to calculate the square meters of the room.
At first glance, everything is simple: multiply length by width and got the correct number. But in practice you can deal with the fact that the calculations were incorrect, and you do not have enough material, or you bought too much and spent more money.
In our article you will receive detailed instructions on how to calculate the square meters of the room of regular shape, a polyhedron, or rooms with niches or ledges.
Count the square meters rectangular room
It is very simple. You only need a tape measure, sheet of paper, pencil and calculator. It is possible to measure any surface (wall, floor or ceiling). Just measure the length and width of the plot, and then multiply them to each other.
But in this seemingly simple process calculations square meters has its own little nuances:
- Take several measurements. Room is almost never perfectly square or rectangular.
- First measure the length or width of the room on one side, then center, and then on the other. Print the arithmetic mean of these numbers and you will get the optimal size. To do this, summarize all three measures and divide by the number of measurements, in our case three.
- After measuring the spending estimates of the total number of square meters. For calculations, floor or ceiling, multiply the width by the length to wall length / height.
How to calculate square footage in a non-space
If the room has niches, ledges or columns, the calculations will be done a little differently. In fact, the technology remains the same, but you need to consider the availability of additional decor elements.
- First measure the total area without any protrusions or recesses.
- Then measure on the same principle, the area of additional elements (niches, columns or projections).
- If you need to know how many square meters of flooring needed for your room with two niches, you end up in their area to the total size of the room. With tabs should do the opposite – subtract them from the total figures.
- Calculating the number of Wallpaper, it is necessary to do so. If you plan to hang additional items, add them to the General area, if not take away.
- It happens that the room has an irregular shape and measure square footage, how in the rectangle, will not work. Then the whole room is divided into separate geometric shapes to simplify calculations, square meters.
Most likely, you will have to divide the room into circles, squares and triangles and calculate the area of each of them according to the appropriate formula.
However, even after taking the necessary measurements, don't forget to do a little stock. In the process of repair often occur all kinds of force majeure, like the wrong cut of Wallpaper. But in their absence, always keep in mind that you will have to enclose or trim material, so be sure to throw up a meter or two. In any case, correct calculations – the key to quality of repair, and they must be carried out with special care, adding a margin of error of about five percent.