Punch was invented in India, and in Europe, this drink came in the early 17th century, when it was brought from India to England. Originally punch was made from rum, boiled with sugar, water and various fruits. The name “punch”, which in Hindi means “five”, as this drink must contain five components.
To prepare brandy punch You will need:
- 1 kg of sugar,
- 10 lemons,
- 3 oranges,
- 60 -700 g of sugar,
- 500 ml cognac
- 500 ml vodka,
- 2.5 liters of water.
- Sugar grind with chopped zest of lemons and oranges.
- The fruit is thoroughly cleaned from the white crust, remove seeds, cut into slices and put in ceramic or porcelain vase. There also put sugar with the zest, pour in the boiling water.
- When the sugar completely melts, and the water cools down, add cognac and vodka.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth and then wrap in a heavy blanket so that the alcohol does not evaporate.
- After 3 hours, strain and serve.