How to bake Easter cake at home recipe with photos
Each family has its favorite recipe of the cake. Classic cake – a traditional dish for the feast of Orthodox Easter. In the pastry of the cake add raisins or dried fruits, aromatic spices. The cake usually has a high form resembling towers.
Recipe Easter cake
Ingredients for the Easter cake:
- 1 kilo of flour
- 50 grams of yeast
- 1-1. 5 cups of milk
- 10 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 250 grams of sugar
- 200 grams of butter
- 100 grams of raisins
- 25 grams of cognac
- 25 grams candied citrus peel
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- ½ Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3-4 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
- 1 gram (a pinch) of salt
Ingredients for sweet Easter:
- 250 grams of sugar
- 150 milliliters of hot water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
The method of preparation of the Passover
- Boil half Cup of milk.
- In a deep bowl, better not plastic, pour 100 grams of flour. Pour in the flour hot milk. Stir with a spoon, knead the dough. To make the dough. To do this, dissolve the yeast in half a glass of warm milk. Mix dissolved shiver with 100 grams of flour, leave for 10 minutes until the yeast rises.
- To combine the yeast mixture with the dough. Knead thoroughly. Cover the dough keep it covered with a dry crust, leave for an hour or more, in order to rise. While the dough rises, mix with a beater the egg yolks, egg whites, sugar and salt.
- Half the egg white mixture add to the risen dough. Knead the dough, let it rise. Then add to the dough the second half of the egg mixture, 500 grams of flour, knead the dough until it stops sticking to the hands.
- Melt the butter. Pour into dough, knead the dough. To turn on the oven to heat up to 180 degrees. Add to batter brandy, spices, raisins and candied peel. Mix thoroughly.
- Let the dough rise. Depending on what shape and size will be cake, divide the dough and put into molds for baking. The dough will rise twice. Therefore, in each form put to the test only to the middle.
- To the top of the dough sprinkle some raisins and peel. Let the dough rise to two thirds the height of the baking dish. Anoint the tops of the cakes with egg yolk. Put the cakes in a preheated 180 degree oven for about an hour.
How to bake a cake Easter How to bake Easter cake
Fondant recipe for Easter
- In a saucepan mix the sugar with the water, to prevent over heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring the syrup to a boil, do not stir. When the syrup comes to a boil, remove the resulting foam. Cover the saucepan with a lid and cook until thick. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the lemon juice.
- Beat the mixture with a mixer until it becomes white.
- Remove from oven-ready cake. The readiness of the cake will need to check with a knife. The knife should stick in the cake, it needs to stay dry. Leave the cakes to cool. After cooling the cake should be decorated with fondant and decorations or colored sugar.
- The fondant can be applied flat with a knife or dip the top of the cake to the fondant. Cakes should be stored in the refrigerator, you can wrap them in cling film or foil so that the cake does not dry up.
Easter recipes at home with photos
Than to anoint the cake
There are a lot of options for making a cake for a cake, and you can choose any of the ones suggested by us. Anointing an Easter cake can be familiar to many of the protein and sugar icing, but there are other recipes, for example, chocolate, sugar (prepared from powder), lemon-chocolate, fruit, coffee and other glazes. For example, coffee is made as follows: 300 grams of sugar are poured a small amount (100 g) of hot coffee, after which you need to dissolve sugar, heating the drink on the stove. And then you need to whip the mass until it hardens. As you can see, the fudge for Easter cake is being prepared simply.