Dry pickling cucumbers for winter at home
What benefit does a cucumber bring to a person, in which a large part (95%) is just water? However, in the remaining five percent, all the necessary elements for human life and health are contained: vitamins and minerals, salts and other useful substances.
Fresh cucumbers, of course, very tasty, but in a pickled form they are also no less useful and tasteful. But with the onset of winter basically have to be content with only pickled cucumbers.
There is an opinion that in this form they lose valuable substances and even harm the person, but this is not so. In this article, we will analyze the method of dry pickling cucumbers - this method is not only quick in cooking, but also makes cucumbers very tasty and useful.
Recipes for harvesting cucumbers. Dry pickling
There are a lot of recipes, like picking cucumbers for the winter or making a dry salting, and every housewife knows her own special way of cooking. Consider a few similar recipes, how to make a dry salting:
- a kilo of cucumbers,
- a couple of garlic cloves,
- tablespoon of table salt (without top),
- greens (dill and parsley),
- ground black pepper (or a mixture of peppers),
- dry mustard and coriander (2 teaspoons each).
How to cook: cucumbers should be well washed and cut off their tails. If vegetables are large, then it is advisable to cut them in circles about two centimeters thick, if the cucumbers are small, then cut them into four pieces along. After that, in a separate bowl we add garlic and dill with parsley, salt and spices.
Take the jar or food container and place the ingredients there in the following order: first a layer of cucumbers, then seasonings, again a layer of cucumbers - the seasoning layer and so on until all the products run out. Close tightly the container or jar and shake it carefully so that the products mix well. In an hour the cucumbers will be ready.
- 1 kilogram of cucumbers,
- a bunch of dill,
- a tablespoon of salt and 2 cloves of garlic.
If desired, you can add 1 tablespoon of sugar. Since evening we wash cucumbers, thus they do not dry, and we place in a cellophane package. Add crumbled fennel with garlic and a spoonful of salt (with sugar to taste). The package is well tied and shaken. For the night put in the fridge, and by morning the cucumbers will be ready. Store in the refrigerator in the same package.
Pickling cucumbers for the winter
- 2 kg of cucumbers,
- table salt (medium grind) - two tablespoons,
- 1 tablespoon of sugar,
- a teaspoon of vinegar,
- onion - 1 pc.,
- 3-4 cloves of garlic,
- 7-8 carnations,
- purified horseradish (root) - 5-6 pieces,
- black pepper (peas) - 7-8 pcs.,
- 1 sheet of horseradish,
- 2 dill (umbrella)
- and a branch with currant leaves.
1. Put the cucumbers in a large saucepan or bucket, pour cold water and leave for 4-5 hours, periodically changing the water (2-3 times).
2. Peel the onion, cut into 4 pieces and place in a sterilized jar.
3. Add sliced garlic and greens with pepper to the jar.
4. Put the cucumbers in a jar and pour boiling water to the top.
5. 10 minutes to wait until the jars are a bit cool
6. The liquid from the cans is poured into a small saucepan, we add sugar and salt to it.
7. Boil this mixture and pour it into cans with cucumbers, then add the vinegar.
8. Twist the metal cover, turn it upside down and cover with a blanket, waiting for complete cooling. You can store cucumbers, both in a cool place and at room temperature. If the experience of preserving vegetables is small, place the jars in a dark and cool place.