Tomato slices for the winter with a bow – a photo recipe of the workpiece
It is difficult to imagine winter holidays, as well as weekdays, without canned tomatoes with onions and garlic. Tomatoes harvested for the winter, perfectly retain their flavor and aroma properties and are stored for a very long time in the apartment conditions.
There are many recipes for how to close cans with tomatoes for the winter, and in this article you will learn some ways of cooking.
The recipe for the tomato slices
Ingredients: tomatoes, onions, sweet pepper, bay leaves and cloves. For marinade: a liter of water, a teaspoon of vinegar (essence), a tablespoon of salt with a slide and 5 tablespoons of sugar.
1. Preparing the banks: they are well washed, and do not necessarily sterilize - you can just give a little bit of boiling water.
2. Mine tomatoes and cut into several pieces (4-5 lobules). 3. Clear the onion and cut into half rings.
4. Now take a liter jar and add onions, fragrant pepper (5-7 peas), a couple of nails and a bay leaf.
5. Put tomatoes on top of spices and fill with marinade.
6. Sterilize in a pan with water for at least ten minutes, be sure to cover each jar with a lid.
7. Roll up the banks and wrap. After cooling, store in a cool dark place.
Recipe №2. Tomatoes, canned slices
Products: tomatoes, onions, liter of water, 3 tablespoons of sugar, fragrant black pepper, salt - 1 tablespoon, vinegar (apple) - 1 tablespoon, bay leaf. To taste: garlic, greens, hot pepper.
1. The first thing to do is to prepare cans with lids. Sterilization at this stage can be done in any way, even with a microwave.
2. Wash the tomatoes, some let them dry and cut into four equal parts. In the case when the tomato is large, can be cut into 6-8 slices. Select good ripe tomatoes.
3. Peel the onions from the husk, rinse and cut into rings, which, in turn, divided into 2 parts.
4. Next, put a couple of laurel leaves and peas of black pepper into the jar.
5. We spread vegetables as follows: a layer of a tomato - a layer of onions - again tomatoes and so on.
6. We do brine pickle: bring water to a boil and fill it with sugar and salt. Pour in the apple cider vinegar.
7. Fill the cans full of marinade. Cover with a lid and put on a water bath, sterilize for about 10 minutes.
8. We roll up the banks and wrap them around, waiting for them to completely cool down.
Tomato slices (recipe for 7-liter jars)
For the preparation of tomato wedges we take only ripe mature taut tomatoes, onions, greens (dill, celery and parsley) and garlic. Ingredients for marinade: water - 3 liters, a tablespoon of vinegar, 2-3 tablespoons of salt, 6-7 tablespoons of sugar and a tablespoon of sunflower oil per liter jar.
1. We prepare cans and covers: washed, dried in a microwave oven or boiled in a saucepan.
2. At the bottom of each liter jar we put on a sprig of dill and parsley, a pair of cloves of garlic.
3. Now add clean and sliced tomatoes, alternating with the half-rings of onions (a layer of tomatoes a layer of onions). It is important that the vegetables were located densely enough, but not allocated juice. In other words, try to put carefully so as not to crush the tomatoes.
4. Add the vegetable oil to each jar.
5. Make marinade: after boil the water, add salt, sugar and a spoonful of vinegar into it.
6. Pour the boiling marinade into cans, cover with lids and place the jars on the sterilization in a large pan or enameled basin. Fill the pan with water so that the cans are two-thirds hidden in the water. Put the jars in hot water. Sterilize for about 20 minutes, then roll up the cans and wrap. Keep refrigerated until inverted.