How to cook stewed pears for the winter – photo recipe
In pear contains a lot of sugar, but, in contrast to apples, almost no acid, because long be kept fresh, this fruit can not. And if we talk about urban housing conditions of storage, and even more impossible to store fresh pears.
What to do? The only and great storage – prepare compote of pears and other preparations for the winter. The below article presents recipes compote.
The recipe for the stewed pears
Products (based on 1 Bank with a capacity of 3 l): from five to ten fresh pear, 2 cups of sugar, two liters of purified and filtered water, a couple tablespoons of honey or one teaspoon of vanilla. How to cook a compote of pears:
1. Prepare and wash the jar. You can use mustard to clean. Be sure to wash every jar under running hot water. The covers also wash carefully, place them in a small pot with water and put on the stove. Bring to a boil, reduce the flame slightly and boil.
2. Take a large saucepan, pour in the water and bring to a boil. While the water heats up, do washing, iron (item 1) hoping to fill with the pears one-third of each three-liter jars.
3. As soon as the water boils, dip the fruit into it and boil for about five minutes.
4. Next, drain the water together with the pears in a colander and then pour over the fruit a little cold water. Try not to pour a lot to pears are not cooled, or when canning they can change its color and become dark brown.
5. Preparation of sugar syrup: two liters of filtered water, sugar, and vanilla. Mix the ingredients, put on the stove and wait for the water to boil.
6. Fold the pears in the jars, the fruit needs to be hot. To prevent the explosion, cans can be put inside each iron spoon.
7. Fill the cans just removed from the plate with hot sugar syrup. You should fill the jar completely up to the very neck.
8. Roll the cans with sterilized lids and turn them over. 9. Now it remains to wrap up the jars and wait for a couple of days until the compote completely cools.
Stewed apples and pears
Products: pears, apples, water, sugar.
1. Rinse all cans and tin lids for conservation.
2. Wash the pears and apples well, cut out the whole core with the seeds, and divide the fruit into several parts.
3. Sterilize the jars with lids: place at the same time on a gas stove pan with lids and a jar, put on the kettle upside down.
4. At the same time, cook the sugar syrup (3 liters of water - 3 cups of sugar).
5. Pears and apples are put in a colander and placed in a saucepan with boiling syrup for literally 2 minutes, after which we take it out and put it in a jar, pour hot sugar syrup on top and cover it with a lid.
6. Put all the jars in a pot of hot water. The sterilization process begins, which should be performed for about 30 minutes.
7. We roll up the banks, wrap them and wait until the cooling is complete.
Stewed pears with Aronia
1. Pears and my black cherry, remove the bones and the core.
2. We spread on clean sterile cans approximately by 0.5 of the total volume of each can.
3. Pour the boiling water, cover with clean sterile lids and wait 8-10 minutes, then drain off the water and make a syrup (1.5-2 cups of sugar per jar volume of 3 liters).
4. As soon as the syrup boils, cook for 2-3 minutes and pour the pear syrup with rowan. Again, cover the lids and wait 8-10 minutes.
5. Again merge the water and cook it for a couple of minutes, then add the syrup to the jars.
6. We roll up the banks, turn them over and wait until they cool down. Keep in a dark and secluded place.