How to close closing of eggplant for the winter: recipes with photos
Meet is the eggplant. His distant ancestors came from East India, cultivation was carried out by the efforts of industrious Chinese, and from the Middle Kingdom was spread around the world by no less hard-working merchants from the Arabian Peninsula. It is clear that each national cuisine has made its own unique note in the recipe of dishes from eggplants.
On the snow-covered expanses of Russia, changing names, this distant relative of a vegetable marrow and a tomato got, as usual, the longest. But already in the middle of the seventeenth century, a distant guest, perceiving the name "eggplant", began penetrating into the beetroot and cabbage menu of the Russian tiller.
Useful properties of these vegetables, their beneficial effects on human health, we have already discussed in the article "Eating aubergine tongue from eggplant", and some advice on their correct choice for conservation purposes was not ignored by preparing eggplants in tomato sauce with garlic.
Repeat here the recipes for these popular home-made canned vegetables, we will not, and those who wish to close the eggplant in the above mentioned ways, we simply address to the relevant articles of our website.
Here are a few original recipes for the sunset from eggplant for the winter, creatively reinterpreted by domestic housewives. The photos of ready-made snacks given in the article will allow you to compare your results with the "standard" snacks and make sure that our recommendations are correctly implemented.
A few tips common to all blanks:
- before cooking the sliced eggplant with salt and let to stand for 0.5 – 2 hours to remove bitterness
- preserve only the hottest of the mixture
- banks (and cover) for closing before pouring sterilize, and then turn and wrap
- twist keep eggplant in a cool place.
Suggested recipes with accompanying photos and explanations are given below.
One of the varieties of blanks from the "eggplant in the sauce" series.
Take: 5 kg of eggplant, two sweet and hot peppers; 100 g of garlic, art. 9% vinegar, greens, salt, vegetable oil for frying and cook:
1. Eggplants (in pieces) fry until golden brown.
2. Finely minced in the meat grinder, bring the remaining ingredients to a boil, add the vinegar and fill the eggplant in the jars.
Eggplant with nuts
Recipe for everybody because diet this snack can get.
We take: 3 kg aubergines, a glass of walnuts, two hot peppers, 300 g of garlic, 3 tbsp. vegetable oil and 5 tbsp. spoonful of vinegar, salt and cook:
1. Same as the previous recipe.
2. Nuts, peppers, garlic grind in a meat grinder, mix with vegetable oil and bring to a boil.
3. Add the fried eggplants, mix and pour over the jars (not under the lid).
4. Place the jars in the oven, heated to 160 degrees for about 35-40 minutes.
5. Tighten the eggplants.
The eggplant in the marinade
We take: 1,5 kg aubergines, a pound of sweet pepper, an average head of garlic, and for a marinade on a glass of vegetable oil, sugar and 9% vinegar, two st. water, pepper peas, 1.5 tbsp. tablespoons of salt and cook:
1. Put the ingredients of the marinade in a pan, bring it to a boil.
2. Add the chopped garlic and vinegar.
3. Eggplants cut into rings are placed in a marinade, cook for 20 minutes over low heat.
4. Roll the cans with eggplant. We intentionally interrupted our list, not mentioning the favorite delicacy of geologists, tourists and students of Soviet times - eggplant caviar. The recipe for this truly popular snack is well known to most Russian housewives, however, as are the variations of many of the recipes on this page.
The search for new flavor combinations continues, and this allows us to express the main idea. Despite the abundance of beautiful labels of canned vegetables on store shelves, our people will never stop making twists for the winter, and the faithful eggplant will always help them in this.