Recipe Bigus of fresh cabbage
Many know a delicious dish called bigus, which is a mixture of meat and stewed cabbage. However, very few people know that this dish came to us from Poland or, at least, very similar to the Polish "bigos" - the difference, perhaps, is only that the Poles use duck meat or roe deer to prepare the dish. At us, as a rule, in the recipe of bigus includes any available meat, for example, pork. Yes, and instead of three days of cooking, as it is done according to a special tradition in Poland, we have only two or three hours. So, offer you a few recipes of bigus with fresh cabbage.
Bigus of fresh cabbage – recipe №1
Ingredients: the main products of bigus are meat (preferably several kinds), onions, mushrooms, sauerkraut and, of course, fresh cabbage. Mushrooms can be used dried. Onions should be common (neither salad nor sweet varieties are suitable for cooking). About the meat has already been said: you can take fat pork, homemade sausage and smoked bacon. It is not entirely correct to cook only from fresh cabbage - it is best to mix it with sauerkraut (1: 1). It does not hurt to add a little red wine to the dish. Wine is necessarily dry, to give the meat a more refined taste. If desired, you can add tomato paste, apples, pickled cucumbers.
1. First you need to pour the boiling water of dried mushrooms and let them brew in hot water. Once the mushrooms are swollen, rinse them well and cut into small pieces.
2. Cabbage (sauerkraut) must, first of all, cut across - it is done in order to reduce the length of the vegetable. If you do not like the taste of sauerkraut, then you can add it in a minimum amount compared to fresh. Add the cabbage to the cauldron, add a little water and put on a weak fire to stew.
3. Now you have to chop fresh cabbage and put it in the cauldron together with the sauerkraut. Stir well and cover with a lid. Stew cabbage for about 20 minutes.
4.Cut into small pieces the sausage, smoked meat and mix with cabbage. At this time, the pork should also be cut into pieces and fry in a pan until Golden brown.
5. While pork is being cooked, cut into onions. Put it in a frying pan with meat and pass until the onion is golden.
6. Put onion and cabbage onions, meat and mushrooms. Stew until the softness of cabbage (about an hour and a half), from time to time add a little water to the cauldron.
7.Add spices: pepper, bay leaf, salt, wine, apples and still stew for 25-30 minutes.
A simple recipe Bigus
Take half a kilo of pork or beef, cut the meat into pieces. After that, heat the frying pan with vegetable oil and lay out on it all the prepared meat. Stir during the frying, the meat in the end should be covered with ruddy crust.
Fresh cabbage to chop and simmer in a saucepan for about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. In the frying pan with meat, pour a little water (1.5-2 cups), add the bay leaf, cover the frying pan with a lid and fry for about 40 minutes.
Cut the onion and smoked meat (sausage), add the two ingredients in a separate pan and fry until a ruddy crust. Grate the carrots and put in the same frying pan, seasoning with spices and tomato paste. Fry a little more. Then add these ingredients to the cabbage and meat, mix well and put out 10 minutes. Add the garlic and remove from the plate. Ready-made bigus can be eaten both hot and cold.
Another simple recipe Bigus
Products: 0,5 kg of beef or pork, 0,5 kg of fresh cabbage, 2 carrots, 1 onion, salt, pepper, spices to taste.
Cabbage with water put on fire, vegetables - onions and carrots - fry in a pan and add to them meat, fry about 10-15 minutes. Put everything in a saucepan with cabbage, add seasoning and salt and simmer for about 50-60 minutes. The dish is ready!