How to cook cherry jam
Recipes of jam from cherries are great, because who does not like this tasty, juicy berry? In the summer you can enjoy the full fruits of nature, and in the winter it will be pleasant to enjoy a cherry jam with aromatic tea. Cherry is not just a delicious berry, but also very useful. A properly prepared jam replenishes your body with the missing vitamins. For cooking are almost all varieties, it is important that the berries were juicy and ripe - this affects the taste and aesthetic appearance of the delicacy. Dessert of cherry will decorate the table, will please the household and guests on a cold winter day.
Such a jam does not have a pronounced flavor or flavor, because often it can be added slices of ginger, lemon, almonds and even apricot stones. For originality, the syrup can be cooked on wine instead of water.
- Jam made from white cherries with pits
- Cherry jam seedless
Recipe No. 1. Jam made from white cherries with pits
- sweet cherries – 1 kg
- lemon – 1 piece
- sugar – 1 kg
- vanilla – 1/3 tsp
- water 350 ml
Method of preparation:
- ripe berries sort, wash well and dry
- dilute sugar in water and stirring constantly, bring to a boil
- berries pour the resulting syrup. Allow to infuse for 3 hours
- put on low heat and bring to a boil, not forgetting to stir. Readiness can be defined by the color of the berries. When they become translucent, the jam is ready
- squeeze of lemon juice, pour into the pan and pour the vanilla
- proverjaem another 5 minutes, remove from heat and pour in the banks.
To give the dessert a special color, add the nuts. You can use any at your discretion (cashews, almonds, peanuts, walnuts, etc.). Cherry jam with walnuts is especially nice in taste and juicy. The components remain the same, only at the initial stage to use in the prepared cherries 200 g of chopped nuts and pour the syrup. Then continue cooking in stages, painted above.
It is important to choose the right cooking utensils. It depends on how long your jam can be stored, and how much it will retain its useful properties. For cooking, a stainless steel pan with a volume of 3 to 7 liters is best. Do not use too much capacity, since the berries will turn out to be too soft because they are choked by their own weight. To obtain a beautiful color, stir only with a wooden spoon or spatula, and collect the foam with a spoon made of "stainless steel". Banks for the future jam should be perfectly clean, scalded with boiling water and completely dried, with a capacity of up to 2 liters.
Recipe №2. Cherry jam seedless
- cherries 1kg
- sugar 1.1 kg
- water – 1 tbsp
- lemon juice – 30 g
Method of preparation:
- prepare berries as described above, and carefully separate the bones, taking care not to damage the fruit
- boil water with sugar until dissolved on low heat
- add the cherries to the syrup, bring to a boil and immediately remove. Leave to infuse for a day
- drain the liquid, boil, periodically removing the foam and stirring occasionally. Then leave for another 48 hours
- then again boil the syrup, pour into it berries with lemon juice, boil and pour into cans.
This recipe is not very simple, but the resulting cherry jam is so delicious that it will more than compensate for your time and diligence. And family and friends will be surprised by your culinary abilities.
Keep banks with cherry jam in a dry place. For long-term storage, a temperature of +7 - -12 degrees is desirable. A cellar is ideal if there is one. The temperature below 7 degrees leads to sugar, and above 12 leads to the fact that the delicacy sour. The desired shelf life is not more than 2 years, but the correct jam can be stored for longer. And yet you should not stock up for years ahead, it's better to boil fresh fragrant jam again next summer.