Jam of rose petals
Rose is the most beautiful and popular flower. Some varieties are widely used in cosmetology and perfumery. The aroma of this flower is incomparable. And very few people know that the rose has also medicinal properties. In ancient times, curative syrups, extracts and oils were prepared from petals.
They were added to tea in the flowering period for colds and for general strengthening of the body. But you can make a blank for the winter, making jam from the rose petals. This is not just a delicious treat, but also a cure for many diseases, such as stomatitis, stomach ulcer, bronchitis.
Recipe of jam from rose petals
For preparation it is recommended to use young flowers of a tea rose. They should be collected during the first flowering period in May. It is believed that if you collect petals in the early morning, then they retain all the useful properties and are most fragrant. If the bush is small, then you can collect a few days, as the blossoming. In this case, you need to fold the flowers in a package, tightly tying, and store in the refrigerator. When enough is collected, you can start cooking.
- iterate through the petals and separate them from the stamens. To do this, stir them on a flat surface and gently fold in a colander
- sift pollen, wash and dry with a towel
- put in an enamel bowl, place 2 teaspoons sugar and grind with hands until the juice. Pour it into a separate container
- prepare syrup. To do this, boil water, add sugar and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then is filtered and cooled
- pour the syrup of the petals and bring to a boil over high heat. Then low down the heat and cook on low heat 10 minutes, stirring constantly and removing the foam
- pour the syrup and cook for another 15-20 minutes until thickening, then pour into the prepared sterilized jars and preserve.
Delicious jam for the winter ready!
How to make jam from rose petals
So the jam came out very tasty, you need to follow some rules:
- you can only use homemade roses that have not been chemically treated and not fertilized harmful impurities
- cooking it in an enamel saucepan, since the iron and metal utensils will ruin the flavor
- it is important not to digest, otherwise the color will turn dark and dull
- if you add a few petals of dark red roses, the color work is especially rich. But it is important not to overdo it, as the dark rose hard and the jam will lose its delicate structure
- should pour into a small container. Once a can is opened the scent disappears
- if you add a little cinnamon or slices of lemon, the taste is just extraordinary!
You can serve this delicacy simply with tea in the bowls. And add sugar in tea is not necessary. Still pink jam bake in the baking, add to curd casseroles or simply to carbonated drinks. It gives an unusual taste to any sweets.
Keep the preserved jam in a dark cool place for no more than two years. Open the jar in the refrigerator on the top shelf. If you are not going to wait for the winter and want to regale soon, then it is not necessary to roll into banks. It is enough to close the lid and put in the refrigerator. Such desserts are sure to be appreciated by your guests and family.