Jam of rose petals
Recipe of jam from rose petals
Method of preparation:
- iterate through the petals and separate them from the stamens. To do this, stir them on a flat surface and gently fold in a colander
- sift pollen, wash and dry with a towel
- put in an enamel bowl, place 2 teaspoons sugar and grind with hands until the juice. Pour it into a separate container
- prepare syrup. To do this, boil water, add sugar and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then is filtered and cooled
- pour the syrup of the petals and bring to a boil over high heat. Then low down the heat and cook on low heat 10 minutes, stirring constantly and removing the foam
- pour the syrup and cook for another 15-20 minutes until thickening, then pour into the prepared sterilized jars and preserve.
Delicious jam for the winter ready!
How to make jam from rose petals
So the jam came out very tasty, you need to follow some rules:
- you can only use homemade roses that have not been chemically treated and not fertilized harmful impurities
- cooking it in an enamel saucepan, since the iron and metal utensils will ruin the flavor
- it is important not to digest, otherwise the color will turn dark and dull
- if you add a few petals of dark red roses, the color work is especially rich. But it is important not to overdo it, as the dark rose hard and the jam will lose its delicate structure
- should pour into a small container. Once a can is opened the scent disappears
- if you add a little cinnamon or slices of lemon, the taste is just extraordinary!