Fish cakes – a family delight
Pediatricians say that a child menu should be present fish dishes at least 3 times a week. Adults often forget that they should include in the diet seafood and fish. After all, they are incredibly useful, enrich the body with iodine, phosphorus, fatty acids, protein, fluoride. Therefore, a home-cooked meal is sure to include yummy fish cakes. The recipe is very simple and even novice mistress.
The great advantage of cutlets of fish practicality. You can add them to the bread that is already stale (pre soak in water), vegetables, potatoes, bacon and even cheese. Fish cakes cooked in a pan, in the oven, slow cooker or on the grill. As you can see, you have many options for your culinary experiments.
How to cook fish cakes?
Theoretically you can use any fish, but most often hostesses pay attention to the hake, Pollack, carp, cod or walleye. We recommend you to buy ready-made stuffing, and to do it at home using grinder. Then you will be sure in its quality. You should only remove large bones, which are clearly visible. Small ground and do not pose a threat. If you are preparing for baby, grind beef twice. Often to the stuffing add bread or loaf.
A recipe of delicious fish cutlets cod
The dish is prepared from white fish in the pan. Goes well with rice, Tartar sauce and white wine.
Method of preparation
- Cut the cod in small pieces and put in blender. Chop. Of necessity pass through a meat grinder twice.
- Finely chop the parsley and green celery. Mix with minced meat.
- Add in a bowl the Basil, eggs, pepper, spices for fish. Mix well.
- Put on the fire a frying pan and heat up well for her. Hands shape patties and place on pan.
- Fry until Golden brown. Then place on paper towels.
These burgers combine perfectly with the Tartar sauce that is also cooked at home. For this, you will need yogurt, mayonnaise, cabbage, green onion, pickled cucumbers and brine. You can serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
- Greens will give the cutlets of fish added freshness and juiciness. Particularly relevant parsley and dill in the summer and spring.
- Use a large grill for the meat grinder.
- Many Housewives cook the fish cakes with a surprise. Then into the midst of beef put a piece of bacon, butter, greens, or mayonnaise.
- Breadcrumbs or regular semolina will make the dish very crunchy.
- Use paper towels to remove excess oil.
Experiment and find their own special recipes and secrets of cooking delicious fish cutlets. You may cook them with vegetables or in a slow cooker? Served with a special sauce or garnish? Share with us your cooking secrets.