How to cook millet porridge
Millet, a grain used to make cereal, contains substances that remove impurities of heavy metals, toxins from the body. It is rich in protein, minerals and vitamins such as A and b group, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. But, unfortunately, the cafe menu and placemat all the rarer dishes with millet gruel.
And at home, many young Housewives do not know how to cook the millet. Meanwhile, its inclusion in the composition of the diet of children. And if you understand how to cook millet porridge tasty and quick, not spending a lot of time, Breakfast will be hearty and healthy.
Before you cook millet porridge, you need to prepare the products:
- choose transparent packages, where you can see bright yellow saturated color grains. Well, if they are already without shell, that is, polished;
- rinse the groats several times with cold and hot water
- for cooking, choose cookware with a thick bottom, but you can cook in a slow cooker.
Culinary tips how to cook tasty millet porridge:
- depending on desired consistency 1 Cup millet take 1.5 cups of liquid to crumbly, dense – 2, and binding – 3.
- when flushing millet perform the procedure with hot water, she takes her down the bitterness and a little steamed
- delicious cereal turns milk, or at least a mixture of milk and water
- season it with oil, nuts, fruits and berries
- it must have a hot, when heated it loses its taste.
How to cook millet porridge
To cook millet porridge in different ways:
- prepared washed grits, pour the desired amount of water (see above) and cook over medium heat until soft. Drain the water and pour the milk, sprinkle of salt and sugar, reduce heat and cook until ready
- also pre-processed pure millet pour water or milk, add salt and sugar to taste. When boiling to reduce the temperature and simmer it for one hour covered
- you can cook first in a little water, when it evaporated, add milk, simmer at least half an hour.
Millet porridge recipe for a slow cooker
When using a multivark, consider that the liquid and cooking time need less than on the plate. This is very convenient, since you save more than 30 minutes.
Method of preparation: the easiest and most convenient way is prepared millet, salt, sugar, pour the milk with water, stir, turn on full power for 40 minutes. Simmer even when the heating mode for 10 minutes. The finished dish serve with butter.
How tasty to cook millet porridge with dried fruits
If you and your kids don't like Breakfast "tasty", porridge with dried fruit is a great solution. It's not just useful but also very tasty. And for children, the plate can be decorated, laying out of the fruits and berries of various faces and figures.
Method of preparation:
- Dried apricots, raisins wash, pour boiling water.
- Wash millet, cover with water, put on high heat.
- When it is almost boiled, drain excess water and pour the milk.
- Add dry fruits, sugar, and salt. Cook until fully cooked.
- Simmer for another quarter of an hour to off the stove.
- Serve with butter.
Thanks to such simple and fast recipes, you can rightly be proud of the title of an unsurpassed master and the best mother!