Dishes of frozen vegetables: fast, tasty, useful
In the winter season, when the cost of fresh vegetables does not fit into the usual framework, an excellent way to prepare a variety of goodies will be vegetable mixes. Their main advantage is, of course, the price and availability in off-season. In addition, frozen sliced can preserve its taste and a set of vitamins for a long time. Moreover, it is even easier to cook from such vegetable kits than from fresh products, because they are pre-crushed and thermally processed. In the article you will find simple, dietary, lean, hot and cold dishes from vegetables, how to cook in a pot, in packages or microwave.
How to choose a delicious blend: the main secrets
Products that can be bought frozen in the store have their own processing technology. Collected from the fields, washed and cut into convenient pieces, vegetables are amenable to shock freezing. This is a unique technology that contributes not only to preserving the shape of the ingredients, but also their beneficial properties. The ingredients in the package differ from the fresh ones only in that they retained only 90% of the vitamins. Gastroenterologists say that they contain almost all the micronutrients that are characteristic of fresh products, so they can be consumed with gastritis. You can prepare meals from them in Post.
Note! However, available commercially and mixtures for the preservation of cold which used the older and less useful technology. Therefore, choosing a mix at the store, be sure to inspect the packing case for tagging is "shock freezing" – and put it in the basket.
Another important aspect is the shelf life of the product. Given that frozen vegetables are on sale all year round, it is important to monitor the expiration date marked on the package. Start from the season of specific vegetables, do not take, for example, in September frozen broccoli, packed six months ago - that is, in the early spring. With the mixtures in this case it is more difficult, so try to choose the packs, the shelf life of which does not exceed 6 months.
From open trays to acquire frozen vegetables, too, is not worth it. As a rule, during the sale they manage to melt several times and freeze again, so you will not have to count on preserving the structure and fibers, and then there will not be any vitamins left in them. In addition, frost and even ice, which is formed during the repeated freezing, will make you pay extra money for water.
How to cook frozen vegetable mix: the best recipes
For starters, a few recommendations that should be remembered:
- such meats cook faster fresh fruit
- not that the packaging is thawed at room temperature – it's better to do it on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator
- before cooking it is important to read the instructions on the pack (maybe there's tips or nuances to work with the product).
Exotic pilaf with Mexican blend
For preparation will need:
- package of Mexican frozen vegetable mixture
- broth optional
- refined sunflower oil
- seasoning to taste
The process is very simple and does not take much time. You need to defrost the Mexican mixture and then fry it in sunflower oil, lightly pouring and adding your favorite seasoning. To make the pilau not dry, you should add a little boiled water or broth when frying.
Boil the rice. It is advisable to take a long steamed rice. Rinse it in cold water so that it does not stick together. Put the rump to the rest of the ingredients and extinguish a few minutes on low heat, then leave for 10 minutes under the lid "rest".
Aristocratic dinner with frozen vegetables, "in English"
- bacon or smoked meat
- 2 packs of cuts in its sole discretion
- seasoning, you can use olive
- hard cheese optional
- salt to taste.
Defrost the mixture. Put the bacon on a baking tray and put in a preheated oven for 5 minutes. Then get the meat and put on top of the contents of the package, sprinkle with spices, salt. You can also tread on grated cheese. Bake up to 10 minutes maximum, depending on the type of meat - until it is fully ready. You can serve with red wine.
How to cook soup with vegetable mixture?
You need to take 1 pack of cuts. It is desirable that it included carrots, chopped onion, red pepper, beans (in formulations from different manufacturers can put different sets of vegetables). Classic cabbage are unlikely to find in this form, but you can replace the original frozen Brussels sprouts if necessary. You have to prepare:
- Mexican blend
- bone or meat broth
- 5 potatoes
- belokachannoy fresh or frozen Brussels sprouts
- tomato paste
- beets (optional)
- sunflower oil for frying.
Preparation of borscht is based on the classic recipe:
- Boil the broth. It is best to take a butcher's bone – then the soup will get thick. Ready broth drain, that it contained no fatty lumps and sediment.
- In salted boiling broth to throw a potato, which can also be bought already chopped.
- Make the roast. On sunflower oil fry Mexican mixture. To taste, you can add grated beetroot. A little podolit. When the main ingredients are ready, put into the frying 2 tbsp. tomato paste. To stir thoroughly.
- Shred the cabbage or prepare frozen kochanchiki.
- To try potatoes. If it is soft, you can add to the soup zazharku.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour the cabbage.
- Once the soup starts to boil, set aside from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
Serve with sour cream and black bread. Bon Appetit!