Apples for the winter in banks — harvesting and recipes
If we talk about fruit preparations for the winter, then as many different recipes as with apples can not be repeated with any other fruit. Judge for yourself, from apples for the winter you can cook: compotes, jam and jams, wafers, mashed potatoes, pie preparations and other canned delicacies. In addition, depending on the grade, the preforms can be made from them even without the addition of sugar and other sweeteners, which automatically makes such apples even more useful. Perfectly stored apples for winter at home, not only in banks, but also fresh. And not necessarily in cellars and cellars, but also on ordinary balconies with observance of simple storage rules. Learn a lot of delicious and useful recipes for apple preparations for the winter, as well as their correct storage of fresh fruits at home can be found in our today's article.
How to make pickled apples for the winter at home, recipe with photos
Let's start, perhaps, with one of the simplest, but at the same time, the most delicious recipes - soaked apples for the winter. Fans of this type of billets are many, but most of them are firmly convinced that it is problematic to cook spoonfuls in an apartment. Most likely, they will completely change their mind by getting acquainted with the step-by-step recipe from the photo you will find next. It details how to make the soaked apples for the winter delicious at home without much effort.
Ingredients for pickled apples for the winter at home
- Apple varieties Antonovka – 2-3 kg
- rye flour – 100 gr.
- water – 2.5 l
- salt – 1 tsp
- sugar -100 gr.
- fresh leaves of currant
Instructions on how to make the pickled apples in the winter at home
- Take a jar with a wide mouth and large volume. In our case the Bank used a 4.5 litre. Wash and wipe dry. Cover the bottom of the jar tightly with leaves of currant.
- Then lay in a layer of fruit. They should rather fit snugly to each other in order to not have to use additional oppression, and the fruit is well marinated under it's own weight.
- Then top vystelim another layer of leaves. Alternate layers to fill the jar. The latter should be a layer of currant leaves.
- Then prepare the marinade. For this in water at room temperature, pour salt and sugar. Stir and small portions begin to add rye flour.Note! To flour were not taken lumps, add it gradually in small portions and be sure to break the egg beater or blender.
- When the mixture becomes homogeneous, and visible lumps of flour will not pour the marinade in a jar.
- The liquid should completely cover the apples. Cover with a neck banks gauze, folded in several layers. Leave the apples for a month in a cool place. From time to time will check the fluid level in the Bank and if you need to update the remaining flour with brine, which it is necessary to store in the fridge. Should also be removed from the surface of the foam.
Canned Apple slices for the winter in jars recipe
Canned apples with lobules are good both as a separate dessert and as a filling for homemade baking. In particular, pies are very tasty with such a preparation. Closing apple slices in syrup is recommended in three-liter cans - it's both convenient and economical. How to cook canned apples with wedges in cans for the winter read in the recipe below.
Ingredients for the apples slices in jars for the winter
- apples durum – 2.5 kg
- sugar – 0, 5 kg
- citric acid – 1 tsp
- water – 2 l
Instruction for recipe canned Apple slices in jars for the winter
Harvesting of apples for pies for the winter recipe
In addition to the above described recipe apples slices, as an excellent fruit filling for pies, sweet tartlets, various casseroles will serve and the recipe of our next billet. Preparing such a preparation from apples for pies for the winter in banks is very simple and does not require special culinary talents. In the end, it turns out not too sweet, but very fragrant filling. Little trick: use for this recipe varieties of fragrant apples and then your workpiece will get even tastier.
Ingredients for harvesting of apples for pies for the winter
- apples – 2, 5-3 kg
- sugar – 450 g.
- zest of one lemon or orange
Manual for a recipe for winter harvesting for pies from apples
- From the washed apples, remove the seeds and midway. Cut each fruit into small slices or cubes, depending on how you like. The taste and cooking ready home task form fruit is not affected.
- To spread the harvesting of the apples in a large bowl and cover with sugar, mix and leave at least 12 hours, but better on the day.
- After the allotted time put a bowl of apples on the fire, pre-mix and adding the zest of one lemon or orange.
- Bring to boiling, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, otherwise the workpiece can quickly burn. To boil thoroughly after boiling, about 5 minutes.
- To be packaged in a sterile banks and seal with lids. Allow to cool under a warm cloth or blanket.
Apples for the winter without sugar in jars for future use, the recipe of jam
If due to certain health problems or dietary characteristics you do not consume sugar, then the following recipe for apple billet for the winter without sugar you will definitely like. First, it is very low-calorie and does not contain sugar at all, so it's good for diabetics. Secondly, apples for the winter without sugar can be consumed as a separate dessert or used as a filling for home-made pies. And thirdly, such preparation at home is prepared so quickly and simply that it will easily supplant other popular recipes based on apples with sugar.
Ingredients for harvesting apples without sugar for winter
Instruction for recipe apples for the winter without sugar at home
- Before to start processing apples it is important to determine the grade. Not all varieties are suitable for blooms in the winter with no added sugar. Best of all for this purpose to take a sweet from nature kinds: Golden delicious, Fuji, Gala. My apples and peeled, seeds and possible pests.
- Then we cut the apples into wedges or large cubes. Spread Apple harvesting in sterile banks, better three-liter.
- Water bring to a boil and pour boiling water over the workpiece. Cover with lid and allow to infuse for about 3-5 minutes depending on the capacity of cans.
- Pour water and bring again to boiling. Repeat the procedure three times.
- After the third time immediately are clogging the jars and turn. Wait until the workpiece has cooled and sent to banks with apples in a cool place. At room temperature to keep the workpiece without sugar is impossible.
Puree apples for the kids for the winter, step by step recipe
In fact, puree of apples for the winter, the step-by-step recipe of which will be found further, is nothing but a kind of apple jam or jam. But there are also a number of differences that make puree from apples all the same independent preparation for the winter. First of all, we are talking about the technology of cooking, in which, in addition to traditional cooking, additional grinding through a sieve or blend is used. In addition, puree of apples for the winter, unlike jam or jam, you can absolutely calmly cook without adding sugar. True, for this you need to use exclusively sweet varieties of fruit.
Ingredients for baby puree apples for the winter at home
Instruction for recipe puree of apples for the winter
- Apples wash and peel, seeds and partitions. Finely chop cubes.
- Fill the billet of apples with sugar and leave for a few hours.
- Then put the workpiece in a pan with a thick bottom, add a little bit of water (about 150 ml) and put on the fire until boiling.
- Cook until until apples are soft and begin to soft after boiling themselves.
- Remove the pan from the heat, allow to cool a little and grind the mass through a sieve. You can also use a submersible blender.
- Again put the Apple mass on the fire and bring to a simmer. Remove, puree hot Packed in sterilized banks and close the covers with a tin key.
Delicious jam from apples and pears for the winter at home, recipe
Hardly anyone would argue that apples are good solo as a basis for a variety of home preparations for the winter. But in tandem with other fruits and berries they behave well, opening new taste facets. A great example of our next recipe is a delicious jam from apples and pears for the winter at home. Important point: to make jam from apples and pears for the winter turned out really tasty, use this recipe soft and fragrant varieties of fruit.
Ingredients for jam from apples and pears for the winter at home
- apples – 450 g.
- pear – 350 gr.
- lemon juice – 50 ml
- sugar – 300 gr.
- cinnamon – 1 stick
Manual for the recipe of jam from pears and apples at home
- Clean the pears and apples in the normal way, removing the rind and inside the fruit. Finely chop all the fruits and pour sugar. On top of the container with a billet cover with cling film and send it overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, put the Apple and pear harvesting on a medium heat, add the cinnamon. Note! Instead of cinnamon sticks can be used and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Boil the mixture until boiling, then stir and cook for another fifteen minutes.
- Remove jam from heat and grind in a blender. Cinnamon stick previously withdrawn from the mixture.
- Put the resulting puree apples and pears again on the fire and wait until it boils. Cook 15 minutes and pack in sterile banks, are clogging.
How to store fresh apples for winter at home
You can store apples in fresh form at home all winter, if you know a few basic rules. True, it is worth noting that not all varieties are suitable for this purpose. Best for long-term storage of themselves are recommended: Antonovka, Chosen, Cortland, Jonathan, Renet Simirenko, Starking, Olympic. About how to properly store fresh apples all winter at home will tell simple tips below:
- apples do not like high temperatures, drafts and direct sunlight, therefore it is best to store them in the basement or other cool, dark place
- below the fruit are fresh and not spoiled all winter they can't be washed, and it is necessary to store, stacked vertically tail up
- particularly long stored apples, dusted with sawdust or onion skin
- the preferred storage temperature of -1 to 2 degrees Celsius
The Apple compote and red currant for the winter in banks, video recipe
Compote of apples and red currants in jars for the winter (video-recipe below) - another kind of tasty and useful billet at home. In this form, apples are stored in winter for nothing worse than wet fruits or canned lobules in cans. By its taste qualities, compote of apples with red currant is not inferior to apple puree or jam. In addition, this recipe can be modified and prepared, for example, without the addition of sugar.