Rowan in the winter: recipes blanks from the usual red and black chokeberry
Surprisingly, red and chokeberry is one of the most useful berries in the natural world, which grows with us near, practically is not used for food by people and is not harvested for the winter. How is this possible? The reason for this is its specific taste and lack of knowledge among the majority of housewives that this can be prepared from the usual red or black chokeberry for the winter. Although there are a lot of recipes for different winter preparations from the real "queen of berries". For example, from red and chokeberry, you can cook compotes for the winter, roll up jam, jelly and jams, make tinctures, juices or simply freeze. Delicious turns and grated rowan with sugar, which preserves the maximum amount of vitamins and trace elements. More simple and vitamin recipes from mountain ash for the winter will find in our article.
Jelly of ordinary red Rowan with apples for the winter, recipe with photos
Let's be frank: in its raw form, the taste of mountain ash, whether ordinary red or black-berry, is very specific and will directly tell the amateur. It would seem that from these sour-bitter and tart berries you can not prepare a sweet treat. And here it is! To do this, you just need to add to the recipe other berries or fruits, such as apples. How to make jelly from ordinary red ashberry with apples for the winter, learn from the following recipe with a photo.
The necessary ingredients for the jelly of the red Rowan with apples
- red ash – 1 kg
- apples – 1 kg
- sugar – 500 gr.
- the juice of one lemon
Instruction for recipe jelly of apples and red ash
- First thoroughly wash the red mountain ash under running water several times. Then clean the berries, remove twigs and leaves. After dried mountain ash on a paper towel.
- Also my apples and remove the core. Cut the fruit into 4-6 wedges depending on their size. Along with ash, pour the apples into the pan.
- Fill with water so that its level completely covered the contents of the pan. Turn on the fire and wait until fruit mixture comes to a boil, then proverjaem another half hour. Turn off the heat once the red ash will lose its color.
- Now you need to squeeze the liquid from the berries of red Rowan and seethe apples. To do this, pour the liquid through a colander, and the remaining content put in a gauze bag, carefully squeeze.
- In the mixture of red ash and apples add the juice of one medium lemon.
- Put the mixture on the fire and bring to a simmer. Gradually add the sugar and stir with a wooden spoon to avoid burning. Sugar is added in small portions and boil until it dissolves. White foam appeared on the surface necessarily remove with a slotted spoon.
- The finished jelly from the red Rowan with apples remove from the heat and pour in sterilized jars, are clogging.
Jam of red and black chokeberry in the winter, the recipe
Original taste and undeniable have useful properties, and procurement of a mixture of red and black chokeberry, for example, jam for the winter. This delicacy is cooked with berries, so it can be used for cooking a variety of desserts and homemade cakes. How to make jam of red and black chokeberry in the winter I'll tell you our next recipe.
The necessary ingredients for a jam of red and black chokeberry in the winter
- red Rowan – 500 gr.
- chokeberry – 500 gr.
- sugar – 400 gr.
- water – 600 ml
Instruction for recipe of jam of red and black chokeberry in the winter
- Clean the ash from the twigs and wash them thoroughly. Recline the berries in a colander and wait until the excess fluid is fully drained.
- Spread the berries are red and black chokeberry on a flat, dry surface and pass them with a rolling pin, lightly pressing down to berries gave the juice.
- Put red and chokeberry in a saucepan and fill with boiling water, allow to infuse for 10 minutes under the lid.
- In a separate pan, cook the syrup of water and sugar. In the finished syrup put berries and red chokeberry.
- Cook the berries in the syrup until then, until they lose its intense color.
- Spread the jam in sterile jars and lids are clogging for the winter.
Compote of black chokeberry on the winter recipe
A compote made of chokeberry can be called, perhaps, the easiest way to prepare a useful mountain ash for the winter. Brew compote on this recipe can be not only from the black-berry, but also from the red ashberry. How to make a useful compote of black chokeberry for the winter, learn from the recipe below.
The necessary ingredients for the compote in the winter of chokeberry
- black chokeberry – 1 kg
- sugar – 1.5 kg
- water – 3 l
Manual for the preparation of stewed fruit for the winter of chokeberry
- Washed Aronia berries spread on sterile banks, filling to approximately 1/3 of its volume. Fill with boiling water and allow to stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the syrup of sugar and water. As soon as the syrup boils, proverjaem him for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Drain the water from cans with Aronia and fill with syrup.
- Are clogging lids, turn it over and wrap in a warm towel.
How to make juice of red and of black chokeberry in the winter, the recipe
Juice made of mountain ash, red or black, is considered a healing drink, which helps strengthen immunity and helps the body to withstand chronic diseases. How to make juice from red and black chokeberry for winter at home will tell the following recipe.
The necessary ingredients for the juice of red and of black chokeberry in the winter
- towering mountain ash berries – 1kg
- sugar – 2 cups
- water – 1/2 Cup
Instruction for recipe juice of red and of black chokeberry in the winter
- Towering mountain ash berries washed and lightly dried on a towel.
- Put the berries in an enamel pot, add water and put on slow fire. Cook, not boiling, approximately half an hour.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool completely and blenderm. Then squeeze the juice through cheesecloth. Add the sugar and stir.
- Poured into jars or bottles and put in a water bath for sterilization for 7-10 minutes. Are clogging, and stored in a dark cool place.
Preparation for the winter of chokeberry, sugar, videorecipe
Very tasty is obtained for the winter and a piece of chokeberry, ground with sugar. Use the usual red ashberry for this option is possible, but it will turn out more tart and bitter. To black chokeberry for the winter with sugar turned tasty, use very ripe berries. In the future, this preparation for the winter can also be used for making juice, compote, jelly or jam.