Shopaholic and combating
Probably, if not all, very many women love to go shopping. Shopping mood and self-esteem, helps to fight depression. But if you noticed that when mere entertainment becomes a necessity, should bother: it could be shopaholicism.
Shopaholic is an overwhelming passion for shopping. If the average person purchases in most cases due to the need, Shopaholic to the necessity of not paying attention. For him, the shopping process becomes self-sense becomes more important than the result: how much would a shopper may have bought, it still a little. Shopaholic and has a scientific name — oniomania .
Despite the component of "mania" in the title, oniomania not yet officially recognized as a disorder. But this does not mean that Shopaholic harmless. As with any mania, it drags the person gradually displacing other Hobbies and calling "break-up". if a person for some reason can not make a purchase.
Why develops shopologizm?Most often, shopaholics are women, suffering from attention deficit. The reasons for it may be different: lack of work (if the partner is able to provide the family himself), problems in his personal life or her complete absence. "Breach" in life, the inner void is filled with shopping, bringing positive emotions to a woman.
Shopaholic can be caused by other causes. thirst for adrenaline (the shopping process is a kind of "mini extreme"), the illusion of power (when the sellers swanning around with the buyer, to please him), the illusion of control over their own lives and freedom ("I can afford to buy what I want when I want"). In the latter case, shopping becomes the source of self-confidence.
Taken to the extreme Shopaholic can be a source of problems. A shopaholic who can not control himself starts to spend money right and left, which in the end can lead to financial problems. And if the shopaholic spends his family budget, then shopaholicism ceases to be his personal problem, affecting his relatives.
In addition, the Shopaholic, and other dependencies, can cause abstinence syndrome (cancellation). A shopaholic who for some reason can not satisfy his passion for shopping may experience akin to "breaking" drug addicts, albeit not so clearly pronounced.
How to find out, will you a Shopaholic? You should seriously consider if :
- You go to the shops to buy something specific, but just in case something gets in the eyes?
- Do you inspect all the goods offered for sale, regardless of whether he actually is or not.
- You want to buy a product not because you really need it, but just.
- You strive to constantly discuss your purchase with others, to brag and share your success in the field of shopping.
- If you can't regularly go shopping, you experience fatigue, you become irritable.
Launched Shopaholic help treat psychologists — to cope with their addiction can not please everyone. But, like many other problems, Shopaholic is easier to prevent than to deal with it later. For this you need to learn how to control costs. What can you advise a potential Shopaholic ?
- Don't make spontaneous purchases. Buy only what you really need. If you went for groceries — make a list and not deviate from it. If you need one specific thing (clothes, household appliances), be sure to compare prices, design, color, etc. counterparts. Do not buy anything "the load".
- Do not "fooled" for discounts. Reduced price does not necessary thing. Alas, most of the stuff bought during the sales, never useful to you. Avoid shops from the "Everything for a dollar": you risk to gain unnecessary stuff for a decent amount.
- Try not to buy new items (clothes from the new collections, gadgets, etc.) immediately after the occurrence, wait until the hype will subside and prices will fall.
- Do not pay with credit cards. Accustomed to buy on credit, you are going to spend more than they can afford. In addition, "virtual" money are not perceived as serious as real. And the number of carry cash with you try to reduce, to avoid the temptation to make an unexpected purchase.
- Keep receipts and record all your spending, keep home accounts. Try to plan a monthly budget, and at the end of the month analyze, did it stick.
- If going to the store, you can't avoid the temptation, do not go! Some time to avoid the shops .
Shopaholic is a problem that can and must be fought. In the fight against shopaholism, in addition to planning the expenses, support from relatives and friends and a new hobby will help you.