The holiday season for pet owners involves quite a pressing question – what to do with your pet? To date, worldwide more and more families take Pets with you on vacation. But this does not mean that everything is very easy and simple. It all depends on where you are going and what mode of transport.

If you decide to travel abroad, you will have to execute all relevant documents. Need veterinary passport. Many people believe that the passport is only available to those animals that are members of the club. But this is not so. Owners of "club" animals receive pedigrees, which gives them the right to participate in various exhibitions and breed pedigree animals.

However, pedigree when boarding in transport, following in another country, will not help you. So the passport is necessary, and you may also need a certificate of health from the veterinary institution; international certificate; a certificate of the animal's condition 72 hours before the departure or departure of the aircraft.

The main and mandatory vaccination for all countries vaccination against rabies. It should be done not earlier than one month prior to departure abroad and no later than a year. When crossing the border may require other documents, so try to learn what the requirements of the country you are visiting. Necessary information can be obtained from the relevant Consulate.

If you are traveling outside of the country and traveling by train, remember that at the ticket office of the station issued a special ticket for animals. Veterinary passport here is not required, but information about the state of health of the animal is still needed. Transportation in trains of all categories of small Pets, dogs and birds may be transported in baggage allowance in all cars, except cars with 2-berth compartments (SV) and luxury carriages. Animals are transported in boxes, baskets, cages, containers which shall be placed on the ground for hand Luggage. In the carriage owners or accompanying passengers must comply with sanitary-hygienic mode.

To transport dogs of large breeds only in a muzzle and with a leash under the supervision of their owners or accompanying non-vestibule first locomotive carriage, in a separate compartment (except cars of the raised comfort) with paying the full cost of all seats in the compartment, in the vestibule of suburban trains. Blind passengers are allowed free of charge to take dogs in cars in all categories.

The passenger is obliged to care for their animals. feed, water and clean up after them and compensate for all losses that may occur due to violations of the requirements for the carriage of animals. Animals are accepted for transportation 1 hour before train departure. and their owners get a receipt. If you lose this receipt, animals can be given to you upon presentation of a document that certifies your identity, and evidence that the luggage belongs to you.

Animals should be received at the destination station preferably immediately upon arrival of the train. in which they were transported, the deadline is 12 hours from the time of arrival of the train. If you decide to travel with your four-legged friend on vacation or to the exhibition as a means of transportation chose the plane, the airline carrier must inform the property in advance. As a rule, for domestic flights it is sufficient availability of veterinary certificate (form No. 1), which is issued three days before travel and is valid only during this time. It specifies the name of the owner, nickname of the animal, its sex and age, the date of vaccination and the results of tests for worms. In addition, the certificate must specify the route .