How to make POM-poms from paper with your own hands: photo master class
POM-poms made of paper of different colors and sizes have become a popular decoration for children's parties, wedding Banquet halls and home decor. These paper POM-poms look like peony flowers or carnations.
This is an excellent solution for festive decor, which does not require large expenses. For the manufacture of beautiful pompons, nothing is needed except paper, scissors, thread or wire. Therefore, they can easily be made by themselves.
This universal decoration, which can be used in the decor of the room as a garland or pendants, will help to brighten the celebration of the New Year, Valentine's Day, Birthday.
A universal principle will allow creating different in size and color crafts. Pom-poms are very similar to flowers, the finished article looks elegant and at the same time very elegant.
They can be glued, hung on a string or on a hook or used for table setting. They can also be attached to a carnival costume or hung on a Christmas tree. Fantasy will certainly tell you how best to use these beautiful products. Make an ornament from ordinary paper will be easy and simple, following the step by step instructions with the photo.
For pom-poms any paper is suitable, but it is better to choose a thin wrapper or cigarette, which can be bought in many office departments. The color of the paper can be anything.
You can also use different colors to make the items colorful. Experimenting with color and size, you can get a variety of crafts, like flowers or snowflakes. They can be made small or very large. Instead of cigarette paper you can take even newspaper.
For manufacturing you will need:
- Thin wrapping paper (any color) or tissue paper
- Twine or thick thread (you can use a thin wire).
How to make POM-poms out of paper — step by step instructions
1) Prepare strips of paper length of 10 centimeters and a width of 5 centimeters.
2) 4 strips should be stacked. Each strip will become a layer, which then will give the necessary volume to the product.
3) Start to fold the strips, accordion-wide. Every fold should be the width of 2 cm and a length of 5 centimeters.
4) Scissor the ends of the accordion with a semicircle. They can also be cut off at an acute angle.
5) Exactly in the middle of the workpiece make small triangular incisions from opposite sides.
6) A piece of twine or thread tightly tie the workpiece across. Secure with a double knot. Tail of threads to leave.
7) Now it's time to form the volume. It is necessary to straighten the workpiece. For this it is necessary to divide the accordion from one side into layers. Layers in the workpiece are obtained. 4. Each layer must be carefully spread.
8) Continue straightening the workpiece on the other side, until you get a smooth pompom.
9) Suspend several identical pompoms on a long string. Decorate the resulting garland wall in the room. The reason for the decoration can be a wedding, a bachelorette party, a birthday or any other holiday.