5 beautiful bracelets made of zippers
Our master class is dedicated to unusual ornaments that are easy to make by yourself. Despite the fact that they are made from the usual sewing zippers, we look very original.
Bracelet with jeans
The simplest version of the bracelet is from zippers. Take:
- 2 wide clip with one loop
- classic standard clasp
- the zipper of denim (or looks it)
- the pliers and scissors.
- Wrap the fastener around with a clenched fist the palm of your hand to know the size of the bracelet and trim the excess.
- Open the zipper halfway, cross the loose ends and secure them with a clamp.
- Do the same with the second end.
- With pliers, attach to the eyelets of the clamps lock.
For this bracelet you will need:
- 2 zippers of equal length (choose them so that the color of the fabric contrasts with the color of the metal fastener).
- 2 wide clip with one loop
- classic toggle clasp
- Measure both clasps on the arm, cut off the excess, and then undo the two clasps to the end, removing them from the slider.
- Put front of 3 halves of the zipper so the metal part was with any one side (for example, all three right).
- Put them on one another and fasten with clamp.
- Braid the former parts of fasteners, like a normal braid (do not screw too tightly).
- In the end re-seal it with a clamp.
- Using pliers, attach to the eyelets of the clamps both parts of the lock.
Narrow bracelets without cloth
These bracelets are good to carry on several pieces at once on one hand.
In order to make such, take:
- some zippers of different colors
- locks (number of zips)
- several pairs (the number of zippers) long narrow clips with a loop on the end
- Future measure the length of the bracelet by wrapping the fastener around your fist. Trim the excess (necessarily leaving untouched the end, which is a slider).
- Scissors carefully cut away all the fabric very close to metal parts (leave literally 2-2.5 mm).
- Check if the resulting lightning is fastened and unbuttoned, and take the slider 1-2 cm from the end.
- Fasten both ends with clamps.
- The pliers attach clasps to them.
Repeat for all zippers, and then put the bracelets on your arm.
This stylish version of the bracelet is made even faster than a bracelet for jeans. You will need:
- 2 long zippers of the same color (but better that the fabric was a contrast to the metal parts)
- the connecting ring, narrow clip and clasp
- By measuring the length of the bracelet of the future, increase it to two and a half times, then cut off any excess zipper.
- Cut all the fabric.
- Fasten both of the slider with a connecting ring.
- Fasten the opposite ends of the fasteners clip.
- Connect both ends of the workpiece with the lock.
- To wear such a bracelet should, wrapped it around spastica twice.
Steampunk or industrial version of the bracelet.
- 3 zippers of the same color
- a strip of fastener-Velcro
- transparent glue and toothpicks.
- Cut 2 zippers on the size of your hand.
- Put them on top of each other so that the bottom fabric part one is completely covered by the top fabric part of the other, lying close to the metal.
- Glue them along this line.
- Glue a clasp-Velcro on opposite ends of the billet (one piece with the “wrong” side, if we assume that one on which the sliders, “personal”, one on the front).
- Cut with scissors in the fabric near the metal parts of the third fasteners. It should remain as small as possible.
- Cracked with pliers or even your fingers if the tissue cut is sufficient, the metal part into multiple stripes (e.g., 4).
- Now place them on the workpiece in the order in which you want to make of them any patterns.
- Glue all the strips. If necessary, remove the excess glue between the teeth with toothpicks.