Begonias: the care at home
Begonia is a herbaceous plant that has many varieties. To date, there are more than a thousand species and more than two thousand hybrids. In general, begonia has large flowers of different colors or small flowers, which are surrounded by huge asymmetrical leaves. The native land of the plant is South and Central America, where flowers were first discovered by Charles Plumier, a French botanist.
Classification of begonia flower
At home, it is not very difficult to grow a plant. This task is possible even for a beginner floriculturist.
Divide into three groups:
- Decorative deciduous.
In view of the fact that there are a lot of varieties, it is not difficult to choose or take out an original flower for yourself.
But to acquire such an ornament is only part of the matter. An important role is played by proper care for begonias. And for this you need to know some rules. Consider them.
Begonias: the care at home
Begonia – sun-loving plant. Place it in a well lit areas, but it is necessary to protect from the direct rays of the sun. It is also worth to know exactly which kind of a plant. For example, deciduous species must pritisnite.
Correctly dosed irrigation
Watering should be moderate, in no case can not be poured. In winter, the amount of water should be reduced. Almost all tuber varieties in winter are not watered, but stored in a peat mixture.
The humidity of the external environment
This factor should be given special attention. To the humidity, begonia flowers are very demanding, it must be high enough. An interesting fact is the moment that all the leaves do not tolerate the ingress of water on their surface. On the wet spot, almost instantly, there are yellow-brown spots. Accordingly, they are not advised to spray, as well as to plant on outdoor flower beds. It will be very convenient to place the pot near the aquarium or next to another source of water.
Since begonia care at home requires attention, do not forget about the temperature. The level of the thermometer should vary between 18-20 ° C in summer and at least 18 degrees in winter.
The process of reproduction is not very time-consuming. You can arrange the flower in many ways, namely: by seeds, by dividing the bush, by cuttings from stems and leaves. The optimal period for this process will be spring.
- Cuttings reproduction. Is one of the easiest ways. Cuttings, having 3-5 leaves, are cut off, processed with crushed coal and placed in peat soil or sand. After a month of moderate watering, the plant takes root.
- Handicraft division. Suitable for bushes with good creeping along the ground bushes. A Bush is divided into several parts so that he was on all parts of the flower.
- Rhizomes. Share so foliage begonias for the transplant. The root is cut or torn apart, but so that each part was the kidneys. Slices sprinkled with powdered charcoal and thrown.
- Seeds. The best time to plant seeds is February and March. Seeds are placed on the soil, but do not sprinkle them. Watering is made from an atomizer. Top covered with glass.
- Leaves. Broad-leaved begonias have pronounced veins. Reproduction occurs by cut the main veins, and laying in the wet sand.
During flowering, especially when begonia is flowering. it requires additional fertilizers. Basically, these fertilizers are nitrogenous or phosphate-potassium.
Begonia (photo) will be an unsurpassed element of the decor of your interior. Thanks to several rules, the flower will be a nice addition to your front garden.