Tapestry stitch: master-class embroidery
Read the article details about the technique of tapestry seam and study our detailed lesson. At first glance, the master class may seem complicated, but in reality it is not so: you just need to concentrate and get to the bottom of the process. Follow our step-by-step instructions and you will definitely succeed!
Master-class embroidery Gobelin seam
Embroidery tapestry seam is incredibly beautiful, stylish and unusual. Are these paintings are very rich and bright. The most important difference from the usual embroidery is that the fabric completely fills up threads with no loose segments. The result is a big canvas, like with a printed pattern. To create these works of art can be applied to a variety of threads: silk, wool, floss, etc. as regards fabric, it is better to choose it more dense quality, as on thin is unlikely to achieve the desired effect. The best option is to buy special material.
- First pierce with a needle the reverse and pull the thread to the right side top corner of the front side of the fabric. Then re-create the puncture, but the thread already pull in the lower left side. Thus, it is supposed to be diagonal, but not the traditional, and top-down. See details on the submitted photos.
- Next, make a stitch exactly as in the previous paragraph — from the top point to the bottom left corner. The remaining stitches in this row the same way to create.
- To change a number, simply flip the fabric 180 degrees and embroider in the same way as described above. This technique will allow to start the drawing with the desired right angle.
- There is another way to start in the second row to start the embroidery "on the contrary". First you need to make the stitch from the lower left to the upper right and so on.
Now it becomes obvious that another subtlety of the tapestry seam is diagonal stitches, which are the same as on the underside, and on the front side.
How to embroider a seam loop?
Below you will learn how to embroider a loop. This is another technique of a tapestry seam, with the help of which it turns out to create very effective decorations for the interior. To get started, you will need a thread, a canvas and a special needle with a long enough point, a slot and a large eye.
- Insert the thread as shown in the photo below.
- Tie the knot at the tip.
- Insert the needle into the fabric at full length (it is best to take the canvas). Tied the knot will not allow her to slip through matter. You should now have a loop. On the front side it will look like on the image.
- Next, hold the thread down to loop popped inside out (do not pull it behind the needle). Create the next puncture as close as possible to the previous one. Then proceed in a similar manner. As a result, you get a three-dimensional "carpet".
We hope that our tips will help you create truly wonderful products with your own hands. Tapestry paintings decorate any house, giving the interior a little warmth and coziness! Surprise your friends and relatives with unusual ornaments.
The following is a thematic video about embroidery with a tapestry stitch