Apricot, varieties for planting in the Moscow region and Central Russia
One of the most popular fruit trees is the apricot. Varieties of this plant differ from each other not only in size, shade and taste of Sunny berries, but also the ability to develop actively and to bear fruit in various weather conditions. For the moderate climate of the Moscow region and Central Russia agrotechnology recommend to choose a strong, cold-resistant trees, not afraid of the return of frost and drought years.
Apricot: varieties for the middle band
- "Hardy" is a modern yielding hybrid late maturing. The seedlings are growing quickly in the middle of lush trees and dense foliage. Abundantly fruiting at 5-6 years after planting (75-80 kg per tree). The mass of each Golden-orange fruit is 30-40 grams.
- Ruddy – popular tall variety, fruiting at 3-4 years after planting. Showing great winter hardiness and can easily tolerate summer drought. At the ripe bright orange fruit oval outlines typical ruddy barrel. The main period of maturation in the second half of July.
- "Sunny" - a modern promising hybrid with high winter hardiness. Juicy yellow fruits with a slight hint of blush weigh from 35 to 45 grams and mass ripen in mid-July.
- "The triumph of the North" is an exceptionally hardy species with large (up to 55 grams) rounded orange-yellow fruit. Grows into a big and strong tree with a broad crown and massive branches. The first harvest yields for the 4th year after planting in open ground.
- "Honey" – Vysokoskorostnye variety of open pollination. Grows to 4 metres tall and creates a thick, mighty crown. Medium-sized (up to 15 grams) of light-yellow fruits are juicy, sweet flesh and a subtle fruity aroma. Per tree per season can collect from 20 to 25 kg of berries.
- Snegirek is the most suitable variety of apricot for an average strip of Russia. Heads the rating of cold-resistant seedlings suitable for planting in cold regions. Has a small height (1.2 to 1.5 meters in adulthood). Per tree per season can be obtained from 8 to 10 pounds of fruit. Compact medium-sized fruit is very juicy crisp flesh and a pleasant mildly sweet taste.
- "Cup" – a typical dwarf variety wall height. Winter-hardy, high-yielding hybrid with thick, cupped foliage. From pale yellow fruit weighing about 25-30 grams of loose, sweet flesh and a pronounced pleasant smell.
Apricot: varieties for the suburbs
- "Iceberg" – a medium hardy variety with leafy crown. Blooms earlier, and begins to bear fruit in the last days of July. Ripe fruits have a neat regular shape and weigh from 22 to 24 grams. Small fine bone separates from juicy, tender and highly fragrant orange pulp covered with a thin glossy skin
- "LEL" – hardy early maturing variety of the new generation. Grows to 3 meters in height, forms a compact crown with a poorly-branched annual shoots. Gives medium-sized rounded fruits, slightly flattened laterally. Respond well to vaccination and 3-4 years is already yielding a harvest.
- "Royal" – one of the best varieties of apricot for the suburbs. Quietly endures harsh climate and cold winters, early maturing and yields a copious harvest in the form of rounded deep yellow fruit, with a subtle glow. Nice firm flesh texture has a sweet taste with a subtle acidity.
- – Tall (5 meters) seedling varieties "LEL". Quietly experiencing a harsh winter and dry summer months. Gives a large crop of sweet and juicy fruits of medium size. Begins to ripen in mid July.
- "Countess" is very high (over 6 m) the variety is late flowering. The fruits ripen by mid-August. Very sensitive to weather and temperature extremes. More like a dry and hot summer. At such a time brings a clean and attractive fruit that weighs about 25 grams. In rainy and wet periods often suffers from shot-hole disease.
- "Favorit" is a medium-sized (3-4 meters) late maturing species. Gives large rounded fruits with a thin, slightly pubescent skin. Pulp differs in good density, pleasant taste and a memorable aroma.
Apricot, planting and care in the middle of the bands: video instruction
In this clip, the well-known Russian agronomist and scientific consultant Petr Savelievich Sharkov tells in detail about apricots of Alyosha and analogues. Planting and nursing in the middle belt, the features of breeding and the rules for choosing the right variety - all these issues are discussed in great detail and accessible to the understanding of amateur gardeners.
Apricot planting in spring or autumn?
Many gardeners are wondering what is best for an apricot - planting in spring or autumn? The author of the video advises the autumn landing and tells in detail how to do it correctly. In this case, for weight loss is always one of the most important criteria for ready-made apricots is the price for the final product - apricot.