Dust Allergy: how to deal
Allergy is a hypersensitivity of the organism to some environmental substances, such as Allergy to dust. household chemicals, pollen of flowering plants. some products containing the allergen.
It household dust is one of the most common allergens. If you think that sneezed during the harvest only from the fact that the dust gets into the Airways — you are wrong. The culprit dust mite. which lives in your bed (pillows, blankets, feather pillows, mattresses, fabric sofas, etc.). These are tiny insects like spiders, do not try to find them in your bed, you just will not see them with the naked eye. They are tiny - in diameter about 0,1-0,3 mm.
They feed on flakes of the stratum corneum, which consists of 80% house dust .
More ticks in the bed and clothing closet than on the floor in the house. About 200 – 15000 ticks is in one gram of dust from a pillow or mattress! Dust mites do not bite people, allergen are feces of ticks.
Allergy to house dust (mites) manifested in the form rhinitis (chronic rhinitis), asthma (dry suffocating cough), sometimes conjunctivitis (reddening of the mucous membrane of the eyes, rupture of the capillaries under the influence of inflammation).
Allergy is not manifested in everyone, but only in those who are predisposed to it (genetically, or in connection with weak immunity). That is, in your family there may be an allergy in a small child, or in a person who is susceptible to chronic diseases.
Symptoms of allergies to house dust similar to the symptoms of allergy to pollen. Namely: red, watery eyes, a clogged nose, sneezing. Some people may have asthma symptoms. These include: coughing, shortness of breath, hoarse voice.
Do not consider a bed his ardent enemy, if you have an Allergy to dust, possible dust source is located in an entirely different place. It can be: furs, carpets, books, magazines (which have long been forgotten), soft toys, especially old ones, fabric upholstery on furniture, curtains and tulle on windows, and bed, of course.
Do not neglect the basic tips of purity, and allergic to dust, will never bother you:
- As often as possible hold wet cleaning in the house.
- At any time of the year ventilate the room.
- Thoroughly vacuum carpets and furniture with fabric upholstery.
- In summer, dry mattresses and pillows in the sun.
- Feather pillows and mattresses are better to remove and replace them with modern sinteponovye, silicone. Or if it's important for you that the pillow is just a fountain, clean the pillows (special service) as soon as it seems to you that it has become a "smell" of dust.
- If your child sleeps with a favorite Teddy bear, try to clean or wash, as it can also be a cause of Allergy to dust.
- Wipe the leaves of large indoor plants, spray small.
- Hair care for their animals, brush and collect it, not allowing to remain on the furniture and carpet.
If allergic to dust still bothers you, pay attention to your diet, it must contain vitamin C. You will find it primarily in citrus, elderberry, currant, sea buckthorn juice and tomatoes. The main drugs that can help you are the most common allergy tablets, you can buy them without a prescription in any pharmacy:drops to relieve inflammation in eyes, drops in nose. Treatment of chronic allergies to dust a very long process. but in any case not self-medicate. Consult your doctor allergist. he will conduct a test to determine the allergen and prescribe a treatment.
Did you suffer from an allergy to dust? How did you cope with this problem?