How to treat cough nursing mother
Cough during lactation: what you need to know
Breast-feeding during a cold is not only possible, but definitely need to continue! The main precaution – the use of gauze bandages not only when feeding but also any close contact with the baby. The milk of diseased mothers is the best prophylactic and remedy for her child. During a cold the body lactating women developed protective antibodies that are passed through the milk to the child, provide him a natural immunization.
How to choose cough medicine while breastfeeding
Folk cough remedies during lactation
Recipes of traditional medicine is good not only because it is practically free, compared to the official medicine. Their main advantage is natural and safe for mom and her baby.
- To resist a strong cough may be taking milk with added alkaline mineral water. Hot drink a little drink during the day.
- Hoarse cough will soften the milk in which you cooked the figs.
- Unproductive (dry) cough neutralize this remedy: milk is boiled in onion, then the broth is added a small portion of honey. Drink the medicine three times a day.
- When you cough, drink lots of water. This can be a berry fruit drinks, broth hips, hot boiled water, add 2 – 3 tablespoons of jam of black currant.
Go for medicine to a pharmacy
- Ambroxol (similar to Mucosolvan, Ambrobene, .) – copes successfully with thinning mucus
- Prospan – based tool ivy. Bronhospazmolitikami and has powerful anti-inflammatory action. Take 10 drops up to 5 times a day
- Pertussin – 1 dessert spoon 3 times a day
- All medications cough consists of anise or licorice root.