Charging for the eyes
Vision is one of the most precious gifts that nature has given us. This gift most of us takes for granted and does not care too much about how to save it. Meanwhile, such familiar things for us as a computer, television, books, bad habits, irrational food and bad ecology can very negatively affect our eyes. To save your eyesight, we suggest that you do a special exercise several times a day, which we will describe in this article.
Complex of exercises
If you are an employee of intellectual work and spend most of your time with books or a computer, you should definitely rest your eyes. To do this, it will not hurt every hour to carry out certain simple activities. Let's consider them in more detail:
- Close your eyes and relax, think about something very good. Sit there for about a minute, then open your eyes and make them rotational motion in a circle first one way and then the other.
- Without turning his head, look up then down. Repeat this movement at least 10 times as fast as possible. Then do the same through your eyes left to right and back.
- Then quickly blinked a few times.
In today's world you can come across many people wearing sunglasses. There is a perception that sunlight is harmful to eyes, but it is not. So on to function properly, it is necessary to perform the work provided for by nature, that is, our pupils must react to light, tapering and expanding.
In addition, one famous oculist, Dr. Bates, believes that sunlight has a bactericidal effect, relieves the tension of the eye muscles, and also has an anti-inflammatory effect on the eyes and eyelids. Let's consider in more detail some solarization exercises:
- Stick your face out the sun and cover the eyelids. If the day is cloudy and the sun hidden behind the clouds, use the usual bright light bulb.
- Slowly turn your head to the right and to the left, so that the light source affect the eyeballs in different ways.
- Repeat about 30 times.
- Close your eyes and sit for a minute in the dark.
- After that you can repeat all the previous steps as many times as you want.
Preventive measures to preserve eye health
So that your eyes do not fail you, take care of your eyes from an early age. To do this, you must follow certain rules:
- If you read or write, place text at a distance of 40-45 cm from the eye.
- Work only with sufficiently bright light. The light source should be on top or to the left of you, not blinding and not casting shadows on the book or notebook.
- To read, write and watch television, lying on your side, not advisable.
- Place the monitor screen at least 60 cm from the eye.
- If you strain the eyes, let them rest at least 1 time per hour. Rest periods should be about 5 minutes.
- To find out how far it is safe to watch TV, multiply the diagonal size of it at 6. This figure will be the distance at which should be the screen for you.
- Very greatly impair vision bad habits: Smoking and drinking alcohol.
In this article we have collected useful recommendations for those who want to save the acuity of their vision for many years. Refuse bad habits, do exercises for the eyes and observe simple rules when reading, as well as using a computer and TV. We hope that our article will be of use to you.