Red spots on legs: types, causes, treatment
Red spots on legs symptoms:
- lesions are often grouped on elbows, shins, feet, outer/inner thighs
- can burn, itch, peel, bleed
- rashes can be of different shapes and colors – from large red spots to small dots light pink hue
- sometimes spots appear on the background of variations in temperature, chills, fever.
Types of stains
- vascular (edema, inflammatory). Are formed in the presence of inflammation in the blood vessels, eventually growing in size. Infection, allergies, dermatitis, eczema, flaking and itching. Erythema – large vascular stains of the wrong form, arising from dermatitis, taxidermy, eczema. They are very itchy, the lesion is red and inflamed appearance
- hemorrhagic. Formed from-for violations of vascular permeability caused by injuries and inflammatory processes.
About the red spots on the body here .
Causes of (photos)
- Allergies. Allergens can be cosmetic and cleaning products, pet dander, foods. An allergic reaction manifests itself in small spots, which gradually turn into scaly lesions and itchy blisters. Comprehensive treatment: elimination of allergens plus taking antihistamines.
- Atopic dermatitis. Manifests itself thickened scaly patches on the feet/hands. A distinctive feature of the disease – activation of a rash in the winter, weakening in the summer. Atopicdermatitis is a chronic pathology, correction of the condition of the skin is carried out with the help of hormonal ointments.
- The mycosis. Fungal infections provoke a rash on the toes and feet. Progression of the pathological process spreads quickly to adjacent healthy tissue. Treatment of athlete's foot includes a local (processing of affected segments antimikoticeski) and common (reception antifungals) therapy.
- Virus infection. Small red dots and spots on the thighs, shins, feet, appearing simultaneously with the fever, fever, General malaise, may indicate an infectious disease – rubella, measles, chicken pox. Rashes quite quickly transformirovalsya in papular tumors, accompanied by redness, swelling, itching. Therapy involves the use of antiseptic, podsushivayuschee funds immunomodulators.
- External influence. Rash on the skin of the feet may occur as a result of chemical/thermal burn, frostbite/windburn, injury, insect bite. Also worth noting is the sun and its rays – they are white skin can be spotty.
- Systemic disease:
- diabetes. Dermopathy diabetes appears symmetrically on both legs. The spots have a reddish-brown color and a small diameter (up to 1 inch). In 10-15% of cases patients develop granuloma annulare Daria – rash concentrated on the trunk and legs, at the first stage look like pinkish swollen spot on the second – begin to merge, forming a kind patterns
- the vasculitis. Multifactorial disease of nature, characterized by inflammation of the subcutaneous tissue and blood vessels of the dermis. Clinic skin vasculitis: the formation of red spots papular-hemorrhagic on the legs and buttocks, aching joints and articular syndrome (pain in ankle/knee joints), fever, blood in the stool, abdominal tenderness, vomiting.
- Autonomic dysfunction. Can be latent (leaking secretly) paroxysmal or permanent. Manifested panic attacks, disorders of the digestive tract, dizziness, irregular blood pressure, appearance of red spots on the lower/upper limbs. Treatment of dystonia requires the use of medications of different pharmacological groups: neuroleptics, antidepressants, nootropics, tranquilizers.
- Urticaria. Occurs when direct contact with the nettles. Typical symptoms: red spots on the extremities, resembling blisters, bruises, intense itching. After ascertaining the reasons which provoked such a reaction, you should eliminate contact with the allergen, otherwise not excluded further development of the process that leads from itching to swelling angioedema, dyspnea, death.
- Telangiectasias (spider veins). Syndrome, characterized by vasodilation, formation of bluish-red spots on the skin of the feet, or sometimes trunk, face. The most effective methods for the treatment of telangiectasias of the lower extremities – laser photocoagulation and sclerotherapy.
- Thrombocytopenic purpura (illness Verlgofa). Two mutually exclusive characteristics: on the one hand, the formation of blood clots in small blood vessels, stopping the blood flow, blood clots are not formed and the bleeding. In the end, the surface of the limbs and trunk is covered with purple spots. Prognosis is usually favorable, the mortality rate is 4% after primary hemorrhagic attack, 8% – after repeated attacks.
Red spots on legs child
- allergies. Red spots if a food Allergy is concentrated on the feet and in the area of the leg, accompanied by redness of the skin, burning, itch, swelling, dryness. A rash that is localized between his legs, points to disturbances in the power mode
- infectious and viral diseases. Red spots occur on the background of the classic cold symptoms – high fever, nasal congestion, cough
- parasitic diseases
- pathology of the vascular and circulatory systems
- disruption of the digestive system, kidneys, pancreas
- insect bites, uncomfortable tight shoes and clothes.
Red spots on feet treatment