The commandments of workaholic, or how to cure workaholism
How to avoid workaholism is an important commandment of workaholic
How many of them - workaholics - among us? Every year more and more. Lost what is leisure, forgot how to relax, in the mind only - to work, work, work. Even on holidays and weekends. And sincere faith - so, they say, it should be. And it is workaholism - the right attitude.
Who is a workaholic, and what can cause workaholism?
Psychological dependence of a person from his work similar to alcoholism . With the only difference is that the alcoholic is dependent on the effect, and the workaholic - on the process itself. Otherwise, the "diseases" are similar - serious health consequences and "breaking" of the body in the absence of the subject of dependence.
Workaholics become for various reasons: the excitement and "welding" to their work, lust for money, a sense of purpose from childhood, emotional solenosti and escape from problems . filling workthe emptiness in his personal life, a lack of understanding in the family and so sorry, about the consequences of workaholism person thinks only when there are serious problems with health and relationships.
What is threatening about workaholism?
- The roll (or the sinking) of a "family boat". Workaholism involves the almost constant absence of man at home – "Work is my life, family's little hobby". And the interests of the work will always be above the interests of the family. Even if the child for the first time, singing on the school stage, but the second half needed moral support. Family life with a workaholic, usually doomed for divorce – the spouse (spouse) will sooner or later get tired of such competition.
- Emotional burnout. A permanent job with a break only for lunch and sleep woefully reflected on the psychological state of a person. Work becomes a drug – only it pleases and gives strength. The lack of work plunges into fear and panic – nowhere to go, nothing to enjoy, feelings blunted. The workaholic becomes like a robot with a single program inside.
- Inability to relax and unwind. This is one of the main problems of every workaholic. Muscle is always tense, the only think about work, insomnia is a constant companion. With any holiday workaholics, quickly escape, surrounded by nature and don't know where to go, in the journey – dream of the return to work.
- Decreased immunity and the development of a large number of diseases – VSD and NDCs, dysfunction of the sexual sphere, increases of pressure, psychosomatic illnesses and the whole "kit" office diseases.
- Children of workaholic is gradually moving away from it. getting used independently to solve their problems and enjoy life without a parent, with all the ensuing consequences.
Given that workaholism is in fact a psychological addiction it can be to identify at the very beginning for certain symptoms.
So, you are a workaholic if...
- All of your thoughts takes work . even outside of the work walls.
- You have forgotten how to relax.
- Outside of work, you are constantly experiencing discomfort and irritation.
- You do not joy in time spent with family . and any kind of leisure.
- You have no passions/Hobbies.
- When you're not working, you have guilt.
- Problems in the family cause only anger . workers failures are perceived as a disaster.
If the symptoms are familiar to you – it's time to change your life .
The commandments of the hard rules that you must follow
In the first place must dig out the roots of addiction . to understand what the person is running, to solve these problems and to answer the question – "You live to work or work to live?".
The second step is to his freedom from workaholism . With the help of simple rules and recommendations:
- Stop making excuses to the family "I work for you!". This is an excuse. Your loved ones will not die hungry, if you have at least one day off per week will be devoted to them. But they will become a little happier.
- As soon as you leave work walls throw away any thoughts about work. Home for dinner, weekends, during your lunch break, avoid thinking and talking about work.
- Find a hobby for your soul. A lesson that will allow you to forget about work and relaxation. Pool, cross stitching, playing guitar, skydiving – anything soul was full of delight and guilt for the work "simple" is not tormented by the brain.
- Work to have enough to live on. Don't live for work. Workaholism is not a desire to provide loved ones with everything necessary. This obsession that they need to get rid of, yet your life is not cracked at the seams. Nobody will return you the lost work time and those important moments that you miss sitting at office Desk.
- Remember: the body is not iron. not sturdy, not the government. New you no issue. Work on the scheme "Monday every day" leads to serious and often irreversible disorders in the body. Strictly determine for yourself that holidays, weekends and vacations – it's time for vacation. And only for recreation.
- "The rest is wasted time and wasted money" — throw that idea out of your head! Rest is the time that you rebuild your strength. And the time that you give to loved ones. And the time that it takes your nervous system to reboot. That is, it is a prerequisite for a normal, healthy, happy life.
- Don't forget about your family. They need you more than all the money you still will not earn. You need to your second half, which is already beginning to forget how your voice sounds, and their children whose childhood passes by you.
- Instead of discussing issues with colleagues during lunch break go outside. Take a walk, gulp a Cup of tea (not coffee!) in the café, listen to music, call friends.
- Take the time to relieve physical stress – sign up in the pool or a sports club, walk to tennis, etc. get in here and unload your tired body regularly.
- Do not break the sleep mode! The norm is 8 hours. Lack of sleep affects the well-being, mood and work efficiency.
- Save your time – learn to plan. If you learn when to turn off the monitor and not waste precious minutes/hours on the social network, you don't have to stay at work till night.
- Accustomed to return home "after midnight"? Gradually disaccustom yourself from this bad habit. Start with 15 minutes. And every day or two to add another 15. Until you start coming home, like normal people.
- Don't know what to do after work? Irritated by "doing nothing"? Prepare the program for the evening. weekend, etc. going to the movies, to visit, shopping, a picnic, any rest will distract you from thinking about work.
Remember! You have to manage your life . and not Vice versa. Everything is in your hands. Set limits on working time, learn to enjoy life, do not forget — she's too short to devote her work .