20 steps in the art of persuasion – how to persuade business partners
20 ways to persuade people – the ability to persuade, as the basis of success in business life
Not the stronger, who has great knowledge and one who is able to convince – known axiom. Being able to find the words, you own the world. The art of persuasion is a science, but its secrets have long been revealed by psychologists easy to understand, simple rules that any successful business person knows. How to convince people – expert advice...
- Control is impossible without a sober assessment of the situation. Rate the very situation, people's reactions, the possibility of the influence of strangers on the opinion of your interlocutor. Remember that the outcome of the dialogue should be beneficial to both parties.
- Mentally put yourself in the place of the interlocutor. Not trying to "get into the skin" of the opponent and not empathizing with him, it is impossible to influence a person. Feel and understand the opponent (with its desires, motives and dreams), you will find more opportunities for persuasion.
- The first and natural reaction of almost any man on the pressure resistance. The stronger the "push" beliefs, the stronger resists. To eliminate the "barrier" from the opponent is possible, placing it to yourself. For example, to make a joke on yourself, on the imperfection of its product, thereby "lull" vigilance man – no point in looking for flaws, if you have them listed. One of the ways – a sharp change of tone. Official – simple, friendly, universal.
- Use in communication "creative" phrases and words – no negation and negativity. Wrong option: "if you buy our shampoo, your hair will stop falling out" or "if you don't buy our shampoo, you will not be able to appreciate its fantastic effectiveness." Correct version: "Give strength and health to hair. A new shampoo with a fantastic effect!". Instead of the dubious "if" use persuasive when. Not "if we do..." and "when we do...".
- Not impose their opinions to the opponent, give him the opportunity to think for themselves, but "highlights" the right way. Incorrect variant: "Without the cooperation with us you lose a lot of benefits." Correct version: "the Cooperation with us is mutually beneficial Union." Wrong option: "Buy our shampoo and make sure it's effective!". Correct version: "the effectiveness of the shampoo is proven by thousands of positive responses, multiple studies, Ministry of health, RAMS, etc".
- Looking for arguments to convince the opponent in advance, thinking through all the possible branches of dialogue. Push the arguments a calm and confident tone without emotional coloring, slowly and thoroughly.
- Convincing in either opponent, you need to be sure their point of view. Any of your doubts you also put forward "truth" instantly "seize" a person and your credibility is lost.
- Eliminate from your vocabulary the words "maybe", "probably" and other similar expressions – they don't add you credibility. In the same trash can and the words-parasites "like", "short", "well", "uh", "total", etc.
- Emotions – the main mistake. The winner is always confident and calm, and the narrative is compelling, peaceful and quiet it much more effective means of passionate enthusiasm and even more shouting.
- Don't let the man to look away. Even if you put in an awkward position by the unexpected question, be confident and look the opponent in the eye.
- Learn the sign language. This will help you avoid mistakes and better understand the opponent.
- Never give in to provocations. To convince the opponent you have to be "robot", which it is impossible to ruffle. "Steadiness, honesty and reliability" — the three "pillars" of trust even to a stranger.
- Always use facts is the best weapon of persuasion. Not "grandma told me" and "I read on the Internet", and "there are official statistics...", "know from personal experience that..." and so forth as facts the most effective witnesses, dates and figures, videos and photos, opinions of famous people.
- Learn the art of persuasion from their children. The child knows that offering parents a choice, he at least will lose nothing and even gain: not "mom, you Copiii!", and "mom, buy me a radio controlled robot or at least a designer." Offering a choice (and in advance by preparing the selection criteria so that the person did it correctly), you allow your opponent to think that he is the master of the situation. Proven fact: people rarely said no if he is offered a choice (even if it is the illusion of choice).
- Convince the opponent in his exclusivity. Not vulgar open to flattery, and the appearance of "recognized fact". For example, "Your company is known to us, as a responsible company with a positive reputation and one of the leaders in this field of production." Or "We heard a lot about you as a man of duty and honor." Or "We would like to work only with you, you are known as people who never practice what they preach".
- Focus on the "secondary gain". For example, "Cooperation with us is not only low prices for you, but great prospects". Or "Our new kettle is not just a technological super-new, and your delicious tea and pleasant evening in the family circle". Or "Our wedding is gonna be so lush that even kings would envy". Orientirueshsya, first and foremost, on the needs and peculiarities of the audience or opponent. Based on these, and put the accents.
- Do not allow neglect and arrogance in relation to the interlocutor. He should feel himself on the same level with you, even if in ordinary life you travel such people for a kilometer on your expensive car.
- Always start the conversation with the things that can unite you with an opponent, not divide. Once configured to the correct "wave" the source ceases to be an opponent and becomes an ally. And even in the case of disagreement appeared to answer you "no" it is already difficult.
- Follow the demonstration of mutual benefit. Every mother knows that the perfect way to get a child on a hike with her to the store to report that the box office sell candy with toys, or "suddenly remember" that his favorite cars promised this month great discounts. The same method, only in a more complex design, is the basis of business negotiations and contracts between ordinary people. Mutual benefit is the key to success.
- Position of man to himself. Not only in personal relationships but also in business environment people are motivated by likes/dislikes. If the person you are unpleasant, if not disgusting (in appearance, in communicating, etc.), any dealings you have with him will not. So one of the principles of persuasion, personal charm. Someone is born and someone has to learn this art. Learn to emphasize your strengths and mask the weaknesses.
ATthe idea of the art of persuasion 1: