The choice of steam generator
A woman's choice: iron with steam generator, steam generator or steam?
Time does not stand still and on the market of home appliances there are more and more advanced models of irons with additional functions. And the very concept of "iron" has lost its original meaning.
Let's try to understand the existing models of steam generators, and also learn how to choose the right model for your taste and needs.
Domestic steam generator for clothing
Household steam generator designed for Ironing and cleaning without the use of cleaning products, fabrics and clothing. The result — excellent, and the process is extremely easy and takes very little time .
- perfectly otglazhivaet any fabrics with powerful steam jets
- cleans and removes stains from fabric
- removes all kinds of stains from carpet including red wine stains, blood, juice and coffee
- cleans tile and plumbing.
Principle of operation: The steam generator produces dry steam with a temperature of 140 to 160 ° C. With its help, it is possible to perfectly smooth out any materials from textiles and remove various types of dirt from clothes, carpets, tiles and tiles.
- the steam generator is equipped with a separate boiler, which is intended for steam generation
- steam generators with the function of instant steam generation, in which a certain amount of water is supplied to the hot teploelement, and instantly produces steam
- steam generators with pumping water from one boiler with cold water to another in which the formation of steam.
How to choose a steam generator?
The choice of steam generators depends on the expected operating conditions. If it is necessary to shorten the time for the cleaning and ironing process, a steam generator that instantly converts the water into steam is suitable. Such steam generators are very convenient in operation, since there is no need to wait for boiling of the boiler. You can start work in a couple of minutes after connecting.
Nevertheless, the most high-quality steam is produced by steam generators with a separate boiler. The preparation time for this device is long enough, but the steam produced has the highest temperature.
As they say, in each barrel of honey there is at least one fly in the ointment. So, some consumers prefer to use the usual iron in the old manner. The steam generator is not in demand because of the large dimensions, high cost and high cost of maintenance.
Reviews from owners of steam generators:
I am the owner of a steam Ironing system Laura star made in Switzerland. Read a lot of reviews about the steam generators and Ironing systems. Thank you girl consultant that I was just convinced that the person sewing is constantly this system is essential.
I share my impressions of the system. I chose the model Magic S 4. The time that I spent on ironing a simple iron with a steam is incomparably greater. In some tissues it was necessary to put a piece of the paper on the seam so that it would not be printed. And here she held an iron, looked at her face - nothing! But then again, time will tell, maybe with a lucky lucky one? You can iron the bar with buttons, turn the shirt upside down, buttons "drown" in a soft substrate and boldly guide the bar, the buttons do not melt, and the bar is perfectly ironed.
I have Philips GC 8350 3 years already. I do not know what is there for the ink cartridges, but the model is not blocked. About a month later, just when you are in a hurry and only one clean white shirt, this iron begins to spit with a brown bubble foam, which immediately solidifies with beige spots on the fabric. It is output only by repeated washing. Especially "gets out" when the whole shirt is ironed, and the foam is at the very end. The mechanism of self-cleaning in this model is not present, it is necessary to pour boiling water directly into the boiler, to shake this not light device in hands, and then to pour out into the basin. In a month - again problems with scum.
A clothes steamer
Steamer good creases and other irregularities on the fabric with a powerful steam jet. Under the action of high-temperature steam tissue fibers do not stretch, as under the influence of a conventional iron, and become three-dimensional and elastic. Steam in a steamer is heated to a temperature of 98-99°C. this damages the tissues and do not form creases or shiny spots on the knitwear, wool, synthetic fibers. Works steamer in a vertical position. Things perfectly smooth. No need to use Ironing Board.
After inclusion in the network is ready to work almost immediately. The undeniable advantage of the steamer is the possibility of continuous steaming over a long period of time. Also not to mention the compactness and lightness of the device. Low weight and the availability of transport wheels make it easy to move the steamer, which is important when working in a trading hall or production hall.
- otglazhivaet any, even the most wrinkled fabrics that require different temperatures of otslaivanija, upright
- removes unpleasant smell things that arose after the transportation and fitting
- kills pathogens, eliminates dust mites, perfectly cleans upholstery.
Principle of operation: The steamer produces wet steam with a temperature of 98-99 ° C, which smoothes any wrinkles and creases of the fabric. Distilled water should be poured into the water tank. After 30-40 seconds after switching on the network, the steamer is ready for operation. Steam is fed continuously under pressure, which makes it possible to quickly remove any thing.
Feedback from the forums from owners of steamers:
I work in the Laundry we use an iron Italstream. We like its lightness, compactness and low cost. Even on the shoulder are products with rhinestones, beads and other finishes, as the steam does not spoil it. Most often we use a steamer for smoothing curtains and pastel clothes. Copes well with synthetic fabrics. However, there are also disadvantages: the inconvenience is that the steamer works exclusively on distilled water. In addition, it does not very well steal products from cotton fabrics.
I bought Digital Steamer. I was told that the Digital steamers, unlike the Grand Masters, have brass barrels. Steamers Grand Master is made of plastic, so they quickly break down. I take a year to everyone is happy.
Iron with steam generator
Irons with a steam generator (Ironing systems steam stations) combining the iron and the boiler of the steam generator. Designed to smooth any fabric. as outerwear, and bedding. Also used to clean upholstery. remove lint and unpleasant odors from the surface of the tissue.
- otglazhivaet any fabrics, reducing Ironing time by half
- the function of the "vertical pair" gives you the opportunity to ironed clothes in a vertical position without the use of an Ironing Board
- clean the upholstery of upholstered furniture
- included is a soft brush for cleaning delicate fabric and brush with hard bristles for cleaning coarse fabrics
- thanks to a special nozzle removes odors from upholstery, and cleans hard to reach creases in the clothes.
Principle of operation: Before starting work in the boiler water is poured. After turning on the device, you need to wait 5-10 minutes. During this time, a pressure is created in the boiler, which ensures a constant supply of steam at a flow rate of 70 g / min. Steam under the influence of this pressure penetrates into the tissue and removes the most wrinkled folds on the fabric.
Reviews from owners of flat irons with steam generators:
I am very happy with my steam generator Tefal. You can really taste the difference compared with ordinary iron. Pairs powerful stroke and better, and much faster with it, plus the process more enjoyable and much easier.
Bought Brown with a steam generator. I did not have to choose especially, because when a man saw how many these are. his eyes widened (despite the fact that he usually reacts calmly), but I did not give up, as a result I came across this brown, which cost more. I did not have time to try yet, I still have to dig up the instructions in the internet ... I generally respect Brown's technique, but once there was an incident - I bought a defective iron, and it looks like the whole model was defective (water leaked), my aunt complained that she had the same problem with the same iron. The truth in return bought a more expensive brown, it works fine.
What to prefer and how to choose the right model?
Of course, for home use most suitable steamer. It has undeniable advantages in comparison with a steam generator and irons with a steam generator.
- Time ready to otkleivanie the steamer is 45 seconds
- The speed of operation with the steamer is much higher than when working with a steam generator and an iron with a steam generator;
- The steamer can handle hard-to-reach places and products with finishing
- And finally, the steamer is equipped with a light pen for the supply of steam, which significantly increases uptime.
- In addition, the steamer several times cheaper steam generator and iron with a steam generator.
- I like the less weight and easily moved when needed.
Do you use the steam generator at home or at work? Share your experience with us!