How to prepare your apartment for the baby – preparing for discharge from hospital!
How to properly prepare the apartment and to buy to the birth of a child?
The instinct of "nesting a nest" is inherent in every woman. And, as soon as a woman realizes that there are nine months of waiting and a happy replenishment in the family, she begins to storm children's, furniture and construction stores. Under the supervision of the vigilant and no less picky future of the pope, she chooses the headset in the children's room, a new wallpaper with cartoon animals and a bottle with sliders.
There are, of course, exceptions, but most of the women are developing a stormy activity in settling the nest.
The nesting instinct
What moves the future mother, covering the whole family with a wave of its inexhaustible energy?
- The need to create favorable for the child's future conditions.
- Worry about the safety of the home, free space and clean.
- Need to stock up on necessary things
- Need to clear the house of unnecessary things and to protect the unborn child from all possible risks in the apartment.
The repair of an apartment before the baby is born
Of course, overhauling a couple of weeks before delivery is unnecessary. But on separate corners of the apartment to pay attention is still worth it.
- Pipe . If the pipes in the house there is a problem, their replacement is better done before the baby is born, so you do not frighten the child by the noise grinders, punch and slang plumbers.
- Ventilation. Ventilation should be OK, especially if the neighbors who used to smoke a cigar or fry the bulb onions with bacon.
- Windows . Drafts in the apartment should not be. Insulation is also an important moment for the calm sleep of the child. We should not forget about the safety of the baby is already an older age, when he will try the strength of all the items in the house. Based on all this, the best version of Windows – Windows profile (with a complex opening).
- Wallpaper . Does it make sense to glue them at all? Given that soon they will all be painted and torn? If, however, to update the apartment to the birth of a baby I want, it makes sense to think about cleaning the Wallpaper or painting walls with special ecological paints. Also good option would be tiles, decorative stone, decorative plaster.
- Toilets and taps. Nothing should irritate the mother. After the birth of the child time to repair taps and other force majeure, parents will not, and financially, to replace the plumbing would be problematic. Therefore, for convenience, comfort and normal functioning of the plumbing parts you should consider in advance.
- Sharp corners. Corners for tables today can be bought in any hardware store. The new furniture is better to buy with rounded edges.
- Door. Doors with inserted Windows and doors of the sideboards and cabinets, it is necessary to secure a special film that prevents the dispersion of glass when it is accidentally broken.
- The boxes and chests. To avoid pinching your fingers baby, we should attend to the special clamps that do not allow you to open (close) the boxes completely. Or you can purchase special locks that the child could not open the wardrobe door.
How best to prepare children for childbirth?
Personal space to the child, of course, is necessary. Firstly, he will need to crawl somewhere and play, and secondly, somewhere he will need to fold the mountains of toys, clothes and other things the baby. If there is a separate room where after a year and a half or two the fathers of a screwdriver and mother's make-up disappear, there is a way to approach its arrangement with all seriousness.
In the absence of such a room - it becomes a specially allocated zone of the common room.
What you need to take into account in the children's room?
- Outlet . They should all stay as high as possible, and each outlet must be closed by special plugs. Wires should be hidden in cable ducts.
- Corners . Sharp corners of furniture should not be.
- Wallpaper . The main requirement for the Wallpaper in the nursery environmentally friendly and the ability to wash regular "masterpieces" of the child.
- Bed . For infant toddler suitable crib with high sides, where the mother will be comfortable to swing, and the kid will feel a reassuring "fetal distress". For older kids, the bed should choose a larger. You may want to immediately purchase a convertible crib for infants for the future.
- Plants . Many of the flowers will have to give friends and neighbors – not all of them will be useful for the health of the child. For example, azaleas, ficus, roses, hydrangeas and other flowers have to give.
- Cabinets . The furniture in the nursery should be freed from the things in one place it is baby stuff (from clothes to bags carryings, etc.).
- Space . From the extra tables, floor lamps and Ottoman in the nursery should be removed, sending them to another room or to the country. In the nursery should be spacious.
All small things that can get into the respiratory tract (stationery, jewelry, sewing items, etc.), as well as important documents should be removed higher.
Cleaning and disinfection of apartments
To clean the apartment, to spend the necessary disinfection before the birth of the baby is a mandatory and responsible process. But to trust him is better than the future father and relatives, because there will be no time for the future mother to deal with these matters - she will be at the hospital.
What care should be taken to dad's apartment for the arrival of mother and baby was clean?
- Cleaning of ceilings, walls and light fixtures from dirt and dust.
- Cleansing the batteries (radiators), furniture and carpets.
- Window washing from window sills and frames
- Cleaning and washing of toilets, baths and toilets.
It is important to remember that all means of disinfection should be hypoallergenic and as sparing as possible, and the floors should not be slippery (you can apply special decorative protective coatings - they will protect the floors from the future art of the child and prevent accidental falls).
What you need to buy prior to discharge from the hospital?
Despite all prejudices and signs, future mothers, in the majority, still try to buy the necessary things in advance. After the birth of a child, it will be difficult. Not to mention that the clothes, bed and various small things the kid needs from the first days. What should I buy first?
The choice of wheelchairs today is very extensive: colors, additional functions, dimensions, etc. But apart from an external attractive look, the wheelchair should be characterized by maximum comfort for the child. What to look for when buying a stroller:
- Protection from rain, snow, sun, mosquitoes (presence of canopy, awning, envelope for the legs, raincoat, mosquito nets)
- The presence of foot pegs for the feet of the child
- The possibility of throwing the handle in the desired direction
- The possibility of transforming a stroller ("sitting-lying-half-sitting")
- The line width of the stroller the width of the passage of the Elevator in the building
- Ease stroller (the possibility of its lowering and lifting without the help of the Pope)
- Optional accessories (carrying bag, basket for clothes, a table, changing Mat, bag for mom on the handle, pockets, etc.).
Stroller-cradle for the baby. whose birth is expected in winter is more preferable. From the wind and frost, it saves best. The disadvantage is the difficulty in moving such a stroller. Given these nuances, it will be more convenient for the stroller-transformer, which is easy to fold and disassemble, and also has a cradle that protects the baby from the wind from all sides.
It is the cot that immediately creates an atmosphere of coziness, serenity and fairy tales in the children's room. Especially, underlined by an unobtrusive light canopy, a musical carousel and gentle shades of veils. Of course, the bed linen for the baby must be necessarily new and produced only from natural cloth. What should I look for when buying a crib?
- Cot 3-5 years – the most ideal option. Cradle – fun for six months, and one double bed you will need a child soon. The bed should have removable bumpers and the possibility of Assembly and disassembly. Well, if the wheels of the crib can be replaced by "pendulum" — such models today are many. This will allow you to swing the baby right in the crib.
- Bumpers cots needsto adjust the height . While the baby is small, it is easier to shift in the bed with bent Board. And when it grows, it is better to raise the Board above, the child is not dropped.
- Perfect multifunction option cot with changing table and drawers under the child's clothing.
- Mattress in the crib you need to buywith eco-friendly natural fillings . Preferably, orthopedic, and with the possibility of changing (and washing) of the case.
- Soft side today sold in every baby store. Avoiding cones of the kid who will inevitably fall in bed trying to learn how to walk.
- Canopy – a thing rather attractive for mom. It, by and large, unnecessarily. If without it can not do well, then wash it will need constantly to keep the dust does not accumulate over the child's head. Again, you should carefully check the strength of the mounted bracket. A child learning to stand, can put it on himself, pulling the canopy.
This list depends on the capabilities of the parents, but the kid's most necessary, of course, should be. Namely:
- Warm winter blanket
- Flannel light blanket
- Sheets, at least 3-4 pieces
- A duvet cover, a minimum of 2 pieces
- Orthopedic pillow for newborns (or wrapped in several layers of diaper – large pillow newborn baby can not)
- The diaper is thin, at least 8-10 pieces
- Diaper warm (flannel ), 6-7 pieces.
- Chest of drawers (wardrobe) to store clothes and belongings of the child
- Changing table
- The chair
- Basket for toys.
Clothes and things for the baby
- Vests thin (no internal seams) (3-4)
- Vests with sewn sleeves (the baby accidentally scratched yourself) (2-3)
- Slim jumpsuits (3-4)
- Overalls for walks, in winter and spring (2-3)
- Body (3-4)
- Sliders (preferably with straps to the backrest of the baby was protected from the cold) (4-5)
- Warm sweaters (2-3)
- Warm pants (2-3)
- Warm and thin socks (4-5)
- Thin caps (2-3)
- Warm caps (2-3)
- Beanie for walking, warm and thin
- Set for the hospital (all children's stores).
The rest individually. Depending on the capabilities and desires of the parents.
- Baby shampoo and bath foam. Of course, hypoallergenic and safe
- Baby soap
- Baby cream and baby powder (talc)
- Wet wipes (hypoallergenic)
- Water dish (2-3), nipples is better to take with a stock – when the baby begins teething, pacifier "fly" one after the other
- Rattles (from a safe, easily washable material)
- Spoon, bottle brush
- Washing powder
- Nappies (diapers) stock
- Bibs (3-4)
- A baby food warmer
- Milk formula. Even if the baby is fed breast milk, there are cases when the mixture is necessary. For example, mom needs to leave, or the child simply eats not
- Bath. Bath is better to choose the "anatomical" that the mother was able to bathe the baby alone, when dad is busy. Again, it makes sense to take a tray with special drain hole to see that mom had to suffer, pouring water from it every night
- Buckram, two pieces
- Terry bath towel (2-3)
- A carrier to carry baby (from six months, not before)
- Car seat (six months)
- Scissors with rounded edges
- Soft comb for baby
- Thermometer for baby, plus a thermometer for the water
- Dummy. Not all children like pacifiers, and doctors recommend not to teach children to nipples so as not to spoil the bite, etc. Not to mention the fact that then to wean the baby from a pacifier is very difficult. But if the need is still there, then the pacifier is better to take the anatomical shape. Well and clip with a chain to it doesn't hurt to regularly splevyval the soother does not fall on the floor.
A newborn baby does not need a lot of toys. A musical merry-go-round, yes a few bright rattles. But a child older than four or five months can already buy a variety of educational toys. Plush soft toys to buy small children is not worth it - they play the role of dust collectors.
The main requirements for toys:
If You liked our article and You have any thoughts about this, share it with us! It is important for us to know Your opinion!